“Much Better Experience”
Review of Red Stag Grill

Red Stag Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Stag Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Biltmore Ave.
Description: Old World Comfort, Seasonally Inspired Carolina Cuisine, Relaxed Refinement. Red Stag Grill offers fresh, flavorful food, an extensive wine by the glass menu, and a lively bar scene in the heart of Biltmore Village. Executive Chef Scott Ostrander hand selects local, seasonal ingredients for menu features and nighly specials. Red Stag Grill is sumptuous, rustic hunting lodge meets modern-chic sensibility. Complimentary valet parking with restaurant validation!
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first visit back the The Red Stag since Christmas Eve, when we had a less than stellar experience. We were served by Paul, who did an outstanding job. He was personable and friendly but did not hover around the table. The timing of service was great, we were neither rushed not did we have to wait. We started out with an order of mussels and Elk Carpaccio. Bothe were great, but the mussels were probably the star. For entrees, we both ordered the Elk Tenderloin with a blackberry gastrique. We subbed the quinoa and asparagus for the sides it came with. My wife ordered rare and I ordered mid-rare and both were perfect. The asparagus was cooked well and the quinoa was tasty but I think we should have been warned that it was served cold. Overall a very good experience.

There are newer reviews for Red Stag Grill

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife our second night in Asheville. Great atmosphere. Food was really good but not remarkable. Pricey compared to what you get. I had the Mountain Elk Tenderloin and the quinoa salad. Found out apparently I don't like quinoa. As for the elk, it is hood to have to say you had it. I do eat wild game but did not particularly like elk. I would stick with the beef. My wife loved her food and her drink. The drink menu is extensive including the ever elusive Grand Marnier Cinquantenaire. Overall, worth the experience but do not expect Del Frisco or Morton's.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Whether you get a chance to enjoy the piano bar with a great selection of wine & beer, or grabbing a nice breakfast - you will enjoy coming to the Red Stag Grill!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We made reservations for our anniversary dinner. When we arrived the restaurant was fairly empty and they gave us a lovely table for two by the window...very romantic. The next table that was seated was a party of 6 right next to us! Romance went right out the window. There were many available tables in the place, so I don't understand why they did that.

I ordered a glass of wine and it was the smallest amount of wine I have ever been served in a restaurant....hardly worth $12 for several swallows. At any rate, I ordered a filet and my husband got the trout. The presentations were nice and both entrees were good, but not outstanding. Service was prompt and accommodating. We were not offered a dessert or anything complimentary for our anniversary.

With all the wonderful restaurants in Asheville, I wouldn't come back.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I had reservations at the Corner Kitchen. Being that we stayed at the impeccable Grand Bohemian, we decided to have a cocktail at the Red Stag located in the hotel, before going to dinner at The Corner Kitchen.

There were several reviews online that touted The Corner Kitchen and even the staff at the hotel said good things about the place. While having a drink at The Red Stag, we saw some of the selections from the menu being served to other patrons in the bar...extremely impressive! We mentioned to our bartender that we had reservations at The Corner Kitchen and she even said it was a nice place. Frankly, nothing on the menu at The Corner Kitchen really "wow'd" me, so I asked the bartender for a Red Stag menu...and I'm REALLY glad I did!

We decided to stay at The Red Stag. We saw the chopped salad being served in the bar and were blown away! Unfortunately, we decided to go with the Caesar salad...it was good, but the chopped salad was SOOO much more impressive!!! My wife ordered the crab cake appetizer as an entree and it was delicious. I had the black grouper...SPECTACULAR!!! Needless to say, we were very happy with our decision to stay at The Red Stag!

Great choice...quite sure you'll feel the same way!!