“Overall Great Experience”

Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story
Ranked #37 of 62 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Asheville's only tour spotlighting women's history is a walking tour of downtown filled with the city's fascinating history and stories of women who helped shape it. It's an inspiring look at Asheville from a different point of view (that can't be found with a google search)! We now offer guided Urban Trail tours as well, planned in conjunction with the Urban Trail Subcommittee. The best possible tour experience is guaranteed!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Overall Great Experience”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TOUR TO EVERYONE.

On this tour you learn interesting facts about many incredible women in Asheville throughout history (even today) while also visiting monuments and buildings that were a part of each woman's story (herstory) or that were built in honor of them. Brenda, the tour guide is soo friendly and well spoken, which only makes the tour more enjoyable for everyone. She rotates the stories, so no two tours are the same and no one can tell you any more about the women of Asheville than she can.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Chelsey P

“Amazing tour for all”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Brenda is an extremely gifted storyteller! Our tour was full of people of all ages including small children and was about half male. Everyone was completely intrigued by the amazing stories we hardly hear about. I'm an Asheville native and really hadn't heard about any of these amazing women who began in Asheville and went on to help women nationally and across the world. If you want to learn about Asheville, this is the tour to do it. The lives of these women shaped Asheville into the amazing and diverse town it is today. I really don't think there's anyone who wouldn't enjoy and benefit from this tour. Thanks Brenda!

“Very cool!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I took the Herstory Tour with Brenda (a great storyteller) and was totally captivated. I'm an Asheville resident and really had not idea of the rich history this city offers. Brenda gave us just a mere glimpse into the amazing role women played in the formation of Asheville. I would recommend this engaging tour for visitors as well as residents. Totally enjoyable, easy pace, and quite fascinating. I could have listened even longer!

1 Thank RMG37
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Herstory Tour is wonderful and uniquely insightful”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

What a wonderful walking tour! I've lived in Asheville 20 years and have seen these fascinating local landmarks but never knew anything about them, or the incredible people behind many of them. The pace of the tour was quite easy-going, and the distance covered would not be at all difficult for most people. Brenda is a superb guide and storyteller, and you can really tell that she is connected on a spiritual level to the great women she speaks about. I would highly recommend this tour for locals and for visitors to Asheville.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Herstory tour was all I had hoped and more!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I took the tour with members from my church and my sister who was visiting for the weekend. We all had a wonderful time and would highly recommend the tour, both it's content and Brenda. She was warm, humorous, and showed knowledge and empathy with the women whose stories she shared.

Visited June 2013

Travelers who viewed Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story also viewed

Asheville, North Carolina Mountains

Been to Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story? Share your experiences!