“Herstory tour was all I had hoped and more!”

Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story
Ranked #35 of 60 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Asheville's only tour spotlighting women's history is a walking tour of downtown filled with the city's fascinating history and stories of women who helped shape it. It's an inspiring look at Asheville from a different point of view (that can't be found with a google search)! We now offer guided Urban Trail tours as well, planned in conjunction with the Urban Trail Subcommittee. The best possible tour experience is guaranteed!
Asheville, North Carolina
“Herstory tour was all I had hoped and more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

I took the tour with members from my church and my sister who was visiting for the weekend. We all had a wonderful time and would highly recommend the tour, both it's content and Brenda. She was warm, humorous, and showed knowledge and empathy with the women whose stories she shared.

Visited June 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“History of remarkable women of Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Brenda is very knowledgeable about her subjects and is a superb storyteller who tells her stories with great enthusiasm. She complements the stories with pictures which add another layer of interest. Definitely a great tour of the history of Asheville women, past and present! Highly recommended.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ann L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Women's Studies class takes tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Herstory Tour was excellent for my class of 18 college students--we all loved it! Brenda Williams' brief and fascinating descriptions of approx. 20 women's contributions to the history of Asheville are wonderful: clear, memorable. The span of time covered--19th c. through contemporary--gives a nice sense of how far women had to go, have come, and still have to go. I'd recommend it highly--Brenda skilfully tailors her tour to whatever group she's dealing with.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank peg d
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Herstory was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a great time during the tour with Brenda Williams. She had a lot of great stories to offer, as well as information that I was not aware of as I am not from Asheville. As a tour guide Brenda was super nice and accommodating as well as willing to answer any questions we had regarding information with in the tour. Would definitely recommend this tour to my friends and colleagues.

Visited February 2013
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Herstory Tour of Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went on the herstory tour of Asheville yesterday with two friends and we were impressed with the wealth of information that Brenda Williams has put together and how skillfully and enthusiastically she relayed it. We truly enjoyed our time with Brenda and could've spent all day with her! I highly recommend Brenda as a tour guide. I know we'll be seeing her again!

Visited December 2012

Travelers who viewed Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story also viewed

Asheville, North Carolina Mountains

Been to Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story? Share your experiences!