“Women's Studies class takes tour” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story

Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story
Ranked #35 of 57 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Asheville's only tour spotlighting women's history is a walking tour of downtown filled with the city's fascinating history and stories of women who helped shape it. It's an inspiring look at Asheville from a different point of view (that can't be found with a google search)! We now offer guided Urban Trail tours as well, planned in conjunction with the Urban Trail Subcommittee. The best possible tour experience is guaranteed!
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Women's Studies class takes tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Herstory Tour was excellent for my class of 18 college students--we all loved it! Brenda Williams' brief and fascinating descriptions of approx. 20 women's contributions to the history of Asheville are wonderful: clear, memorable. The span of time covered--19th c. through contemporary--gives a nice sense of how far women had to go, have come, and still have to go. I'd recommend it highly--Brenda skilfully tailors her tour to whatever group she's dealing with.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank peg d

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Herstory was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a great time during the tour with Brenda Williams. She had a lot of great stories to offer, as well as information that I was not aware of as I am not from Asheville. As a tour guide Brenda was super nice and accommodating as well as willing to answer any questions we had regarding information with in the tour. Would definitely recommend this tour to my friends and colleagues.

Visited February 2013
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Herstory Tour of Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I went on the herstory tour of Asheville yesterday with two friends and we were impressed with the wealth of information that Brenda Williams has put together and how skillfully and enthusiastically she relayed it. We truly enjoyed our time with Brenda and could've spent all day with her! I highly recommend Brenda as a tour guide. I know we'll be seeing her again!

Visited December 2012
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Herstory is the story of us all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wonderful and powerful. Brenda Williams speaks in soft warm words a history of Asheville and the women that molded it in a walking tour I will not soon forget. I decided to take to tour on my last day in Asheville after being there on an extended vacation and seeing and enjoying all of the beautiful spaces and places in the city, but how poignant it was to hear the stories and history that this area whispers to you constantly in the gentle curve of the streets, the amazing architecture and the powerful rise of the mountains. Ms. Williams related it's history like a old friend and I come away not just having information but understanding the pride and struggles of the people that created this eclectic village nestled in the mountains.

Outstanding.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Iambennu
Fairfax, VA
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent introduction to Asheville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arranged our tour with Brenda to start our first visit to Asheville. We couldn't have started our trip in a more interesting and informative way. Brenda is great to work with as far as scheduling and very knowledgeable about Asheville's history. She is obviously passionate about her subject, and her stories about the incredible women of Asheville really come to life. The men in our small group found it every bit as interesting as the women did. Knowing we were brand new to Asheville, Brenda made sure to tell us about places we shouldn't miss on our trip and her guidance really made the rest of our long weekend that much more enjoyable. Hopefully we will arrange another tour when we return next year!

Visited October 2012

Travelers who viewed Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story also viewed

Asheville, North Carolina Mountains

Been to Herstory Asheville: A Tour that Tells the Rest of the Story? Share your experiences!