“Mike is the man!!”

39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Mike is the man!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Ive seen a few reviews of this tour and I think they have mistaken this one for some other tours in the area. This one meets at the Sheraton Four Points and is a walking tour, NO bus, NO bookstore, NO plugging area places!!! This tour was VERY good! We were in town for Bele Chere and stayed over one more night to go on a ghost tour and Im glad we picked this one! :) Mike was an amazing story teller. Spoke very well and loud enough to cover any background noise. He took his time and let us take as many pictures as we wanted at every stop, stayed around at the end of the tour to tell us another "creepy" story and just answer questions in general!! He had a lot of information and history about the area. Very personable! Talked to everyone on the tour, just a good friendly guy! There was one lady on the tour that was about to drive everyone nuts! But, he was even patient with her 29 billion questions and constant interruptions!! This is the tour you wanna take folks!! Bring your walking shoes though lol Asheville is hilly!!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JessiaMc

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“MIKE IS AWESOME!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

In trying to keep my lady interested in driving an hour for dinner, I suggested we try one of the many ghost tours of Asheville. Reviewed all of them hoping to find something to scare the kids near Halloween. Picked this one, and REALLY glad we did.

Was a small group, but it allowed our guide to get a little more personal with the ghost stories. Don't want to get him in trouble, but he gave us "general" directions to one of the Non-Downtown haunts that turned out to be a story I'll tell for many years :) [Thank GOD for GPS!]

Overall I give Mike, and the tour in general, a 10. Nice walk, great stories, awesome vibrant downtown setting, and some extremely cool pictures. Well worth the money!!! Matter of fact, when we got home we had the kids, and their friends, looking through the 50 or so pictures we took and everyone had a different perspective. Without a doubt, and from a true skeptic, at least 5 make my skin crawl!!!!!!!

Thank You Mike, you are a true gentleman!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank rufusrocks
Mills River, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Boring”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Three of us took the ghost tour, the one starting at the champagne book store it was a waste of time and money.

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Skip this one...”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The tour was ho-hum...and included too many pitches for local establishments...my opinion is, if I have to listen to advertising, my tour should be free...

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Carillon226
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Go somewhere else!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This tour was horrible. The guide showed up in ripped jeans. He was probably in his 60's and seemed like he really didn't care to be there. He pretty much talked as if reading from a dry, boring script. Each place we stopped we saw nothing. There was nothing spooky about it. We didn't go inside anywhere, just stopped and looked at the building. Wish I had my money back.

Visited October 2012