“A must do”

Gray Line Trolley Tours
Ranked #3 of 63 Tours in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Hop on board one of Gray Line's nostalgic trolleys for a fully narrated journey, highlighting the history, homes and hot-spots of this "city of surprises." Hop-On and hear the story of a city rich in architecture, history and the arts...Hop-Off and experience it's eclectic shops and galleries; its world class culinary and craft brew scenes. It's fun and informative! Join us and see why we are Asheville's Most Sightseeing Tour!
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We learned so much in our tour that I don't thing we would have otherwise. Matt our guide was informative funny and very professional we strongly recommend this tour they accept AARP and aaa for discounts

Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a great time we had on the trolley! I went with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece and nephew. The Gray Line tour is a great way to see all the best parts of Asheville. I live here and was amazed with how much I did not know. For example, did you know a Civil War battle was waged right here in Asheville? OR Did you know Asheville has the most Art Deco buildings outside of Miami Beach? The kids loved it too. I was not sure how they would do on a narrated tour of the city, but they were pointing out different places the whole time. They especially loved the house that is decorated for Christmas year round!

In addition to all this, we saw the best BBQ places in town. My waist line did not appreciate that! Ha!

The guide was also great. He really knew how to guide us through the city in a fun way that wasn't dry or dull. I also thought it was cool that as we were going along we picked up some folks who said they were stranded by the other trolley in town. I thought that was really nice of our driver to pick up some people who were not even on our tour!

So if you are interested in a tour of Asheville, I'd recommend the Gray Line.

1  Thank koko4566
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We took the Gray Line Trolley Tours last summer and enjoyed it so much, we took it again this last week. Our tour guide was Matt and he was delightful. The outdoor feel, the breeze through the windows was a wonderful way to see the city. Asheville has so many delightful stories and points of interest, we see or hear something new everytime we go. I love that you can get off and on the trolley as you like, or as the mood hits you. This was money and time well spent!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

As locals, we brought our out-of-town guests on the tour to get an overview of Asheville. We all enjoyed Dean's combination of humorous anecdotes and historical information. We returned for the second day, when Matt and Richard provided different slants, but were equally entertaining and informative. Asheville has such a variety of interesting sights and history. This tour is an excellent way to see and learn about much of it--very well planned!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have been to Asheville several times but never bothered to take a tour. This time, we opted for a tour and so glad that we did. We visited other sections of Asheville which we had neglected to visit in the past. The guide was very informative and entertaining. If you are new to Asheville, take this tour, it is well worth it.