“Fried green tomatoes ”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Battery Park Ave
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love Modesto. It has a great menu, and appeals to our taste buds. But when we order fried green tomatoes then that is what we expect to get. Instead we got fried semi pink tomatoes. Not even close to being green. The flavor was just wrong. The remainder of the meal was adequate. But did not live up to our expectations based on previous visits. We’ll be back. We still love Modesto.

Hi 52BobA.,
I will pass this review along to Chef. I believe we can correct this issue.
Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to all of us.
Best,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Walked by Modesto while staying in Asheville. Walked in with family and had a great food experience. One of the best Italian meals I’ve ever had. Local Gin made a great G & T as well. Highly recommend.

Webbtrvlr.,
Thank you for the positive and uplifting review.
Especially grand to be esteemed by a 'trvlr'.
Our menu is eclectic and original and we strive to offer a unique experience.
Thank you, again, and we hope to serve you soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Modesto was a quick choice after a long day on vacation (two couples), and did not disappoint. The staff was amazing from the time we walked up on the sidewalk until we left. My wife did not feel well when we arrived and the staff assisted in getting a taxi for her back to the hotel. The menu has a great selection, both food and wine. I ordered the whole roasted artichoke as an appetizer. Even though a little tough, the flavors were very good. I also ordered the Autumno wood fired pizza. It was also very good. The restaurant is a bit small but is a great location and well worth the stop.

Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

My wife and myself went to Modesto last night for dinner. It far exceeded our expectations. The wine list is very Italian but had a large selection. The menu went on forever with all types of selections to choose.
We started by sharing the grouper appetizer which melted in your mouth. It was very unique and a great selection thank to our waitress. We then split a wood fired salad which was again very full of tastes from the varied content.
For our main courses my wife had the scallops which she loved and I had the cioppino which reminded me of my last visit to Italy.
Finally for desert we shared a Tiramisu and had cappuccino (wife) and an expresso (myself). The evening could not have been better and we will return to try more menu items soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

Having lived in Asheville for 4 years we had never even heard of this gem. Italian menu - light, fresh and delicious. We will return and highly recommend.

Date of visit: May 2019

TerryCarlson2018.,
Thank you for taking the time to note your pleasurable experience at Modesto. After four years in Asheville, you were due to come across us; we are so glad you did.
We look forward to serving you again, soon.
Best,