“A star in a foodie paradise”
Review of Cucina 24

Cucina 24
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina 24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Otis Street
Description: Chef & owner Brian Canipelli opened Cucina 24 in 2008 on Wall Street in the center of downtown Asheville, NC. Our kitchen is focused on melding the traditions and philosophies of Italian cookery with ingredients found in the mountains of the American South. We work closely with a number of area farms and our menus reflect produce that they bring to us.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Cucina 24 was the highlight of our recent trip to Asheville. The service was fantastic. Our waiter was prompt, professional, friendly and went the extra mile to walk through the menu with us. He suggested excellent wine pairings and recommended entrees based on our preferences. The menu here changes daily. Many restaurants say this and change a thing or two. We counted six different entrees from Friday night to Saturday night. Impressive!

As with many Asheville restaurants, Cucina is focused on local, farm-to-table dining. However, they pull it off in a very down-to-earth manner. The menu is focused on the ingredients, not the food-equivalent of modern art. We will be back on our next visit.

1  Thank Gator287

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Wow this was a great place to have a quiet romantic dinner for two. The service was outstanding. Our waiter really knew the menu and was very helpful navigating us along the way, The wine was outstanding that she suggested. Actually brought two different bottles to the table and let us choose our favorite. The liver pate was very good. I had a pork chop with a egg on top with butter beans. It was divine. My hubby had the flatiron steak which was also very good. Was not rushed. Would go back in a second and would recommend this place to anyone visiting Asheville. Great evening....

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We picked this place based other TripAdvisor reviews and we were delighted with it. We split the cheese place and it was outstanding. I had the scallops and they were amazing. My colleague had the duck and he said it was the best duck he'd ever had. The atmosphere is great. There are seats at the chef's bar which looked like a great places to eat. it was a good place for a business dinner and would be equally wonderful for a special occasion meal too.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The place is very pretty and after walking for most of the afternoon, we were looking forward to having a drink and a great dinner. I ordered a Martini. Big mistake. It was served in a water glass and it tasted weird so I asked the waiter to inquire. The bartender made it 3 to 1 and then insisted that was the proper way to make one. Also they told me they have special Vermouth. Ha! My mistake was not sending it back. The food was okay but nothing to write home about. Mine was unnecessarily spicy and I do wish I'd been warned that. Skip this one. There are much better places out there. But if you do go - order wine. That's hard to mess up.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Great restaurant...5 star. Fantastic service, exquisite cuisine, and the perfect ambiance. It's one of my 5 favorites in Asheville, and I am a local foodie. Parking is a bit tricky on Wall Street, so it's better to find parking elsewhere and take a nice stroll to the restaurant. Happy Eats...