“Excellent Italian in Asheville”
Review of Cucina 24

Cucina 24
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina 24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 809 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Otis Street
Description: Chef & owner Brian Canipelli opened Cucina 24 in 2008 on Wall Street in the center of downtown Asheville, NC. Our kitchen is focused on melding the traditions and philosophies of Italian cookery with ingredients found in the mountains of the American South. We work closely with a number of area farms and our menus reflect produce that they bring to us.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Food and wine were superb, but the chocolate dessert with its sweet and salty components was the highlight!

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on a food tour and had his carrot doup. UNREAL!!! Chef was hands on and very interesting to talk with. Will definitely go back for more!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Maybe the best scallops ever! The food and service could not have been better. Also a good selection of drinks. Recommend to all.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had visited Cucina 24 as part of a walking food tour of Asheville and, based on that initial impression, made dinner reservations. As a splurge, we opted for the chef's tasting menu along with a wine pairing for each course. All I can say is that this is one of the best meals I have eaten. The Executive Chef, Brian Canipelli, was a master at turning out course after course of fresh, imaginatively created dishes that were truly amazing. The wines were expertly paired with each course and the pours were generous. Perhaps my praise is so high because my expectations were geared for good Italian food and this was anything but standard Italian fare. I'm sure everything on the menu would be good but if you really want to treat yourself to a splurge, go for the tasting menu ($65 per person). As long as you're at it, why not do the wine pairing so you'll get a unique wine to go with each course? At $25 each, that's the same as a decent bottle and I'm pretty sure we got way more than a bottle's worth. Next time I'm in Asheville, Cucina 24 will be my first stop!

The photos I took at dinner don't do the meal justice so the two attached to this review are from the food tour.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

After having walked the city with a wonderful tour guide, we doubled back to eat at Cucina 24, which had been recommended to us. Comfy couch in the front, while the waiters were prepped on the night's specials. We were seated at a nice table with a view of the pizza oven. I ordered a thin crust pie, which came perfectly baked, no burned crust. My husband ordered pasta with sauce, which was good, not great. Waiter was friendly. My diet coke was refilled without having to ask. Decor was modern, very clean.

1  Thank Momma L