“Trendy but tasty”
Review of Cucina 24

Cucina 24
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina 24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Otis Street
Description: Chef & owner Brian Canipelli opened Cucina 24 in 2008 on Wall Street in the center of downtown Asheville, NC. Our kitchen is focused on melding the traditions and philosophies of Italian cookery with ingredients found in the mountains of the American South. We work closely with a number of area farms and our menus reflect produce that they bring to us.
“Trendy but tasty”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We ate here a few nights ago during a quick 1-night getaway in Asheville. The way the menu is organized is a little confusing, but after the waiter explained it, things made sense. I enjoyed the variety they offered and liked being able to pick and choose various sized dishes. Our waiter was knowledgeable and polite. Nice place for a nice dinner.

• Visited April 2013

Hagerstown, Maryland
“I'm not quite sure what all of the hype is about.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After dining at several other Asheville restaurants and having our socks knocked off, we went to Cucina 24 expecting the same type of experience. When we arrived we were seated in a back room at a table by a window. Our server explained the disjointed menu, which is organized by the central ingredient in a dish, and not by course. I had a difficult time selecting, and our server suggested I try the pork chop, served with polenta and collard greens. I also ordered a salad, my husband ordered several small plates and the grilled quail.My salad arrived and was eaten before the first small plate made it to the table. The second and third small plates arrived after a very long interval of nothing and were immediately followed by the entree course. My husband enjoyed his quail, I however, had one of the worst taste experiences I have ever had. The pork was so over salted that it rendered any other flavor on the plate untasteable. I have no idea if the polenta was seasoned at all, because all that I could taste was an extremely bland cornmeal mush. The same applies to the greens. Our server was being kept busy by several overly loud tables in the same room, so I had no opportunity to tell her about my meal. By the time we finished our entrees, it was so loud, we could not even talk to each other at the table. We left disappointed in the service, and I left hungry after being served a basically inedible meal. We ate at so many other wonderful restaurants on our visit, that I would have to think long and hard before giving Cucina 24 a second chance.

• Visited April 2013
Lutz, Florida, United States
“Fresh food and great service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Heard about this place from a friend, so glad we came. I would recommend reservations on a Friday/Saturday night though. Matt our server was polite, efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. We split the beet salad, had a chicken small dish, pizza and the gnocchi. They were small plates. Pizza best I've ever had. Everything we ate or drank was fresh and cooked to perfection. For dessert we had the apple fritter...so worth it!!

Visited April 2013
Atlanta
“Awareness of Italian cuisine at its subtle best serves CUCINA 24 well !”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Tomatoes, garlic and pasta do NOT Italian food make! A truth clearly understood by the talented imaginations of CUCINA 24 Chefs who entice rich depths of flavors and perfectly balanced seasonings into their creations. It was that great rush of kitchen aromas that enveloped us as we entered the rustic brick and wood interior of Cucina, slightly noisy but in a cheerfully bustling fashion. Whisked off to our table by a native Italian server, we enjoyed the synchrony of the line in their open kitchen, and drooled past the wood burning brick oven where pizzas of renown were inventing themselves. Leisurely glasses of excellent wine were enhanced by unusual breadsticks, tall and tasty, perched like flower stems in a tabletop vase; then two fresh green salads as delicious to eat as to look at appeared -- "the freshest in local and seasonal ingredients" indeed! Our pizza Margarita outdid expectation --crust thin as could be and topped impeccably ; a second entree I couldn't resist -- Veal Meatballs -- the word "MOIST" understates them -- quite simply the best I ever ate. After the feast , too sated for dessert , coffee & cordials invited my companion and me to look beneath the superlatives justified by such superb cuisine: aware that a certain aura of barely-concealed arrogance was present in management ( an echo of which inevitably finds its way down the staff ranks). While confidence in one's product is important , humility is an attractive, balancing ingredient as well. Whether by profession or avocation, we lovers of fine cuisine have an instinct that spots the red flags. Next summer will provide opportunity for another look at CUCINA, and may their freshest ingredient remain an integrity of purpose. Oh, and may those of you headed for this dining experience remember to brush up on your conversational Italian -- most of the staff are fluent as well as knowledgeable and happy to answer questions! Buon appetito!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank MazurkaAtlanta
Asheville North Carolina
“Our Favorite Asheville Italian”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Asheville has tons of great restaurants, including some wonderful Italian ones. I have to say that Cucina 24 is our favorite. Always a very interesting menu that changes frequently and the restaurant itself has a very cosmopolitan feel, It's also an excellent choice when we have out-of-town guests as while the menu is "foodie-oriented" there's still something for everyone. The pizzas are great, too!

• Visited March 2013