“Great place”
Review of Cucina 24

Cucina 24
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina 24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 793 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Otis Street
Description: Chef & owner Brian Canipelli opened Cucina 24 in 2008 on Wall Street in the center of downtown Asheville, NC. Our kitchen is focused on melding the traditions and philosophies of Italian cookery with ingredients found in the mountains of the American South. We work closely with a number of area farms and our menus reflect produce that they bring to us.
United States
“Great place”
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Ate here on a cold, rainy night in Asheville. We had advance reservations, and waited about 10 minutes to be seated. Easy parking garage across the street. Place was recommended to us by a local. Food was great. Service was great. Nothing amazingly special. Just a good meal with good service. The best meal we ate in Asheville was at 9 Mile. But this place was a still a great find and deserves your business if in Asheville.

• Visited March 2011

florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

We spent a month in Asheville in August and we tryed almost every restaurant and this is one of our favorite! The pizza and cocktails are the best in AVL!

Asheville, North Carolina
“BEST DINNER IN ASHEVILLE!”
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My husband and I are local Ashevillians and we eat out often sticking mostly to locally owned restaurants. We decided to do dinner downtown and chose Cucina 24 on this particular night and boy were we impressed!!! We both agreed that EVERY aspect of the meal was fantastic! HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE BEST MEALS IN ASHEVILLE!!

Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Menu better than food.”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Cucina is a hip, moderately loud and crowded upscale restaurant. The menu looked very inviting. Unfortunately, the food was not as good as the menu.
The Panzanella was heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella cheese "globed" on top. Not even close to being authentic or good.
Our other dishes were just not particularly well done. They were ok but certainly nothing special and certainly not worth going back to.
Sorry

KY
“Looked better than it turned out to be”
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stopped in last Friday evening around 7:20 pm while strolling along downtown Asheville. It had inviting window seats with large pillows in the waiting area and hardwood floors in the bar area with a nice skylight over the area. We were seated immediately at a tiny table for two. Almost instantly, a server came over to fill our water glasses.
And then we waited.
And waited.
And waited.

We could not understand the wait, as the place was not packed, and people were being seated when they entered. We had a good view of the bar and the bartender seemed to be very good at his job and very attentive to his customers. Made me wish I'd sat there instead.

We decided to leave if we were not waited on by 7:50 pm. At 7:45 pm our waitress came to take our order. We ordered the appetizer special (deviled eggs with black truffle oil), which was said to be $5. I ordered the gnocchi bolognese ($17) and my husband had the mushroom and goat cheese pizza ($14). We thought things would speed up after ordering, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

As we were again considering paying for our drinks and leaving (we had to meet someone at 8:45), our food finally arrived around 8:25 pm. The pizza was a nice size for an individual, but one half of it had a burnt black edge. The gnochhi was just ok--nothing spectacular and the portion was very small. We skipped desert due to time constraints. When the waitress brought the check, we had been charged $6 for the appetizer instead of the advertised price of $5. I didn't feel like bringing it up while there because we had to go, but I wasn't very pleased that we would be overcharged, particularly after waiting so long for our food.

All in all, I thought the restaurant looked nice, but I would not visit again. I expect quicker service for my time and money.