“We love staying at the Sourwood Inn!”
Review of Sourwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sourwood Inn
Ranked #21 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Sourwood Inn is our favorite place to stay in the Asheville area. The peaceful setting, fire place in every room, delicious breakfasts & gourmet dinners all contribute to a wonderful experience. The hosts are always welcoming, and ready to suggest activities and locations to visit in the area. The inn is close to the Blue Ridge Parkway which is a great scenic drive with views of colorful scenic mountains. The location of the inn is about 20 minutes from the center of Asheville on an extremely winding road, which may discourage some visitors. It is not the place to stay if you want to be "near the action", but we love the relaxing retreat that it is. We'll be back again next year!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 6, 2009

Having stayed in many motels, hotels, b & b's and inn's worldwide throughout my life, with many of them being "rated" 5 Star, the Sourwood Inn ranks in my top five of all times!
The facility is clean, quiet, comfortable and is in a very beautiful & tranquil location that allows the guest to totally disconnect . The owners/staff are very anxious to please and want to ensure your stay is enjoyable! Dinner service and food is excellent! Eventhough it rained all weekend, the stay was perfect!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2009

We LOVE the Sourwood Inn! We live in Atlanta and drive up at least once a year to get away for a relaxing weekend. Plan to head up again for the 4th of July weekend. Can't WAIT! Don't think you'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank journeygirlGeorgia
Reviewed May 6, 2009

This was the best girl's trip ever!!! The Sourwood Inn is an amazing place. It was so serene and peaceful. The view from the balcony was breathtaking. The innkeepers were delightful. And the chef prepared the most delicious gourmet meals. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast!! I can't wait for my next trip back!! Seriously, if you want to relax and forget your outside cares, then this is the place for you!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I were looking to elope in the Asheville area a few weekends ago from Savannah. I found the Sourwood Inn on-line and called and spoke with Elizabeth who was fantastic and so helpful. Once I asked if we could use their grounds for a short, private wedding ceremony they went out of their way all weekend to make it extra special. The staff is amazing; Susan, Susie, Elizabeth and the rest of the family. The chef is well experienced and did a fantastic meal and homemade mousse for dessert! She was loads of fun to chat with about her travels and experience in OR. & France. The homemade breakfast in the morning is a nice offer of fresh fruit, granola or whatever delicious CARB may be on the menu that morning.
The fact there is not a TV, radio or computer in the room made us HAVE to relax even more! The fire stayed going, the french doors open to see the mts and lots of baths in those wonderful tubs. We brought up fun books on Asheville and others from their library and had our iPod going with some soft music for just relaxing time during the day. We were in room #6 and that bedding was fantastic, great night sleep and THE best view!!
I can't say enough...the thoughtful, yummy afternoon snacks daily, firewood delivered when ever you need it, the clean and simple feel yet so homely and cozy at the same time! Of course... the mountain views it offers is just want we wanted. Also, reasonably priced compared to other B&B's in the area.
Sourwood will be "our" getaway place for the rest of our lives and we can't wait to go back in a different season!
Go and enjoy........
Kelly & Eliot (originally from Atlanta, GA. & Scotland, UK)

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank KELIOT
Reviewed October 24, 2008

One of my favorite places to stay! Can't describe the peaceful feeling of soaking in the waterfall tub with a view to the fall (or summer!) foliage. Innkeepers wonderful, dinners and breakfast well above average, and I just love the whole building and property. Yes it is a reatreat, and not for someone who wants to stay in downtown Asheville...but all that is 15-20mins down the hill if you want to go. OK that's the Rave....if I could nitpick, the one slighly sour spot (no pun intended) is the quality of the bedding....everthing else they did here is top-of the line, but the mattresses are pretty low-quality and the pillows too. To top it off there are no real curtains or drapes (just sheers), so depending on the time of year, the sun will wake you very early (I don't WANT to get up at 6am on my vacation) A poor night's sleep does mar the experience, but if the innkeepers would fix these items, I would give this place 10 (ten) stars!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I have stayed here twice and both times in the summer months. It is definitely a retreat and a very relaxed place. I don't know why a visitor complained about the lack of air conditioning because the website states there is none. Also both times I called to make a reservation, the person reminded me of that fact. I think the visitor knew that going in. The breezes with the balcony doors open kept the room cool enough for me and at home I keep the a/c on 72F!
You will enjoy this place if you want to stay out of Asheville but close enough to drive in.

• Stayed: July 2006