“Wonderful stay.”

Pinecrest Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My fiancée and I stayed for two nights and were so pleased. The innkeepers went out of their way to accommodate my very challenging dietary requests, and yet breakfast was delicious both mornings. The bed was super comfortable. We have stayed in many bed and breakfasts, and this was one of the best. It was also impeccably clean!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I took my husband on surprise trip to Asheville for his birthday and it was his first time staying at a B&B. He/we loved it! It is a charming house, immaculately maintained, cozy, comfortable and a convenient location. We stayed in the Vance Room which has a queen size very comfortable bed with luxurious linens. It's a very cozy and charming room. We enjoyed fabulous breakfasts served each morning promptly at 9 am in the lovely dining room and the homemade cookies or cake upon our arrival each evening. The owners, Janna and Jim and their daughter Stacy were so friendly and helpful with directions, etc. We loved sitting out in the sunroom overlooking the lovely backyard and enjoying the home brewed coffee each morning and chatting with the owners and other guests. It was a wonderful experience and there aren't enough accolades to describe our stay. We will definitely go back again and again and highly recommend Pinecrest. It is definitely a treasure!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gail C
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Several weeks ago my cousin and her husband and I stayed at Pinecrest for the first time. From the moment we arrived until the time we departed our experience will be remembered. Janna welcomed us and provided a wealth of information about Asheville, including restaurant recommendations and places to visit. The rooms are tastefully decorated (we had two) and immaculately clean. Stacey, Janna's daughter, prepares the breakfast, which both days was wonderful! Each night as we returned weary from the day's activities, Stacey had prepared a sweet treat placed for us to enjoy. And the sun porch is delightful any time of the day. Beverages were provided there for our enjoyment. Needless to say, I will be back to stay in what I feel was "my home away from home."

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This is the second time this year we have stayed at the Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast, and once again we were EXTREMELY pleased with our stay. I have stayed at many B and B's and the Pinecrest outshines them all. We stayed in the "Grace" room and it was perfect. It has a working fireplace, a large sofa and a king size bed with a very comfortable mattress. The sheets are luxurious and pressed before they are put on the beds! Who does that anymore????? The Pinecrest does!!!
The food was wonderful.....if you have a specific dietary restriction, Stacey will make sure you are taken care of. Jana, the innkeeper, is as wonderful as they come and goes out of her way to make your stay memorable.
We watched football and played cards in the sunroom with squirrels and birds close by eating out of the feeders. We even saw a momma black bear and three cubs walk through the backyard! That is a common occurrence in Asheville apparently! I had never seen a bear so watching them from the upstairs window was an experience I won't forget!
If you are lucky enough to find a room vacant here, I would HIGHLY recommend you take the opportunity. You will not be disappointed!!

Room Tip: Fireplace in the "Grace" suite! Wonderful Bed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank grambeth
Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a gem! Our room was wonderful, comfy & cozy with a fireplace to take off the November chill. Janna, the host, is as sweet as they come, and gave us great ideas for dining out. Breakfast & homemade pastries are delicious, courtesy of Stacy, Janna's daughter. Have breakfast on the sun porch while watching birds feed out the window and squirrels frolick. Located near downtown & 15 minutes or so from the Biltmore Estate, it's a great find!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a brief romantic getaway at the Pinecrest for two nights last week. The Pinecrest is well located close to downtown restaurants as well as the Biltmore. Janna was waiting for our arrival and greeted us with restaurant recommendations which were right on the money! The room was beautifully appointed with magnificent draperies and bedset, hardwood floors, setee and armchair. The huge bathroom featured a clawfoot tub as well as a separate shower with fragant linens that even my husband commented upon! Breakfasts were plentiful and varied from day to day...one day delicious french toast with orange syrup and another an egg souffle type dish. Each day fresh baked goods awaited us in the afternoon as well as coffee, soft drinks or wine. The best part of the inn was the attention to every detail by Janna and Jim and daughter, excellent dining recommendations and time spent sharing stories with other guests at breakfast and on the glassed in porch. I recommend this B & B highly!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just spent the weekend in Asheville at the Pinecrest B&B. I cannot say enough good things about our experience. The first was in the booking process. The owners were accommodating about special requests I made regarding the billing process. When we arrived we were late checking in. The owners kindly called us to check on us and then made it convenient for us to check in at our leisure.

The rooms were charming and clean and the towels were very luxurious. The grounds of the B&B are beautiful (We were there in Nov. I'm sure they would be stunning in the Spring).

Our hosts were charming, genuinely friendly and very helpful and knowledgeable about the area. After finding out where our reservations were on Saturday night, they called the restaurant and told them we were celebrating a special birthday. We were floored that they went to such great lengths to make our stay special.

The breakfasts were SUPER yummy and they have coffee and tea on hand throughout the day. Also the chocolate chip cookie bars they put out mid-day were delicious and a very nice touch.

As an added benefit, they provide free WIFI. We plan on coming back to Asheville a lot and we will ALWAYS stay at the Pinecrest B&B.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple