“Most relaxing weekend we've ever had!!!!”

Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #23 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Roswell, Georgia
“Most relaxing weekend we've ever had!!!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2005

What an amazing time we had this last weekend!! We were pampered around every corner.
We arrived on Friday night to find wonderful hors d' oeuvres and a selection of several white and red wines waiting for us. The owners, Peter and Lori White, create such a comfortable yet elegant atmosphere for all the guests to gather in the evening.
Our room was the charming Azalea room with silk drapes, a remote control fire place and the most relaxing bathroom (I want that bathroom in our home!). At night we were lulled to sleep by the sound of the Koi pond outside our window.
I'm not a morning person, but I looked foward to waking up there knowing that an amazing breakfast was waiting for us downstairs. From fruit, to awesome pastries (homemade--Peter was a baker for many years), to the lightest waffles and intricate crepes, breakfast was yet another moment of peaceful bliss.
When we left Sunday afternoon I felt as though I was leaving family (the good kind). As we hugged them goodbye tears filled my eyes as we departed the most relaxing weekend away that my husband and I have ever experienced. We're already trying to find the next weekend we can steal away to the Black Walnut!

8 Thank Lori-ExpeditionMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed May 1, 2005

My husband and I spent four glorious days and nights at this bed and breakfast. The inn owners Peter and Lori told us on the phone that they would spoil us during our stay. Boy did they ever. This was one of the nicest vacations we have had. The gourmet breakfasts, afternoon wine hour and the beautiful rooms were to die for. They pay a lot of attention to detail, fresh flowers, the softest towels and sheets I have ever used. The food was the most memorable and the service was incredibe. Breakfast just went on and on with one fabulous treat after another. Afternoon tea/wine hour was something to look forward to. I couldn't wait to get back to the inn. The owners gave us wonderful suggestions for dining and entertainment. I will definitley stay here again and will recommend this inn to everyone. I'm already planning my next stay.

• Stayed April 2005
7 Thank Milodoc M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2005

We had never been to Ashville before so we just had a bunch of photo's to pick from for our stay in April 2005. I took one look at this Inn and fell in love with it's inviting charm and grace. When we pulled up to the house I knew I had made the right decision. We went up the steps to the wrap around front porch to get another view of the lovely garden's and stone fish pond. The greeting at the door from Peter and Lori was a wonderful interlude as to what was to come...the interior was beautifully decorated to coincide with the period of the house which was bulit circa 1899 by Richard Sharp-Smith(Biltmore Estate architect). We could appreciate the great amount of effort to comfort and detail that was in every room in the house! The cocktail hour was relaxed and delicious as the guest's gathered on the front porch. When we awoke from our glorious night slummber(if you are really picky about matress comfort,soft cozy bedding, you have come to the right place)the aroma from the kitchen was glorious. We proceeded to the sunny breakfast room . On our plates of china, were homemade scone's and muffin's followed by a divine peach cobbler with freshly squeezed juice.The next course was a gourmet omlette with potato pancake's and bacon... Peter and Lori White owned and operated a bakery on Martha's Vineyard for over twentynine years and have been the owner's of this Inn for fifteen month's. YOU MUST STAY AT THIS INCREDIBLE B&B!Thanks again Peter and Lori for making us feel like we were "HOME SWEET HOME"

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed April 22, 2005

The Black Walnut is a lovely house with owners that went out of their way to meet the needs of the guests while we were there. The food was wonderful also. However, there were some problems which would keep us from staying there again.
The house was old so when someone took a shower upstairs you could hear the water run down the pipes which actually woke me up the first morning. Our room on the first floor was nice but small. If you wanted to to leave your room the only place to go in the house was the main living room (when the weather is nice you can go on the front porch). Also, the owners have two dogs that bark every evening around happy hour (not good when napping) and who like to visit while you are eating breakfast (rather annoying). The owners are friendly who like to spend time with the guests. They talk alot about their life experiences and I agree with the previous reviewer - they do complain about the past owners and their tastes, among other things.
For the price we definitely would not stay there again.

• Stayed March 2005