Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn
$137
$142
$129
Hampton.com
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$84
$137
$119
Hampton.com
$210
$181
Doubletree.com
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$164
$153
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$139
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$109
$96
Priceline
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$224
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $250/night.

All reviewslori and peterivy gardenmagnolia roomturnoversfront porchother guestsb bskoi pondafternoon winebananas fosterwonderful hostshors d'oeuvreseach morninghost and hostessowners and staffwine and appetizershouse is beautiful
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about this place. It is charming, comfortable, warm and welcoming, and just plain lovely. The rooms are spacious and the hosts are very accommodating and welcoming. We stayed in the Camilla Room (even though we didn't have a pet in this pet friendly room), which is detached from the main house. It was tastefully done and beautiful. We had a little kitchenette and an outdoor seating area with table, chairs and umbrella. We had a lot of privacy but could go and mingle at the main house. It was perfect. They have a lovely "tea time/cocktail hour" where they provide wines or tea along with appetizers. Very nice and we sat on the front porch and chatted with our hosts and other guests. But had we wanted to just take the goodies to our own table and chairs we could have done that as well. The breakfast was fabulous and the hosts were helpful as we planned out our day. This was a luxurious stay!

Room Tip: Camilla Room is detached from the main house, so a little more private in my opinion. We had a little kitchenette and outside our own patio with table and chairs and umbrella. The room was comfortable and spacious and well appointed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dm49
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My wife and I visited the BW B&B in Asheville for the first time in late April, we booked the Ivy Garden room several months before and even called to confirm some dietary restrictions (gluten-free) To our amazement when we arrived it was better than the website or any review could have ever put into words. The grounds outside were immaculately kept with beautiful flowers in bloom, the house was picture perfect and not one item was out of place or over worn. When we opened the door to enter, Beth was very inviting and helpful with our bags and the grand tour of the facilities. We were dreadfully tired from our travels and our wedding the night before so we were anxious to get to bed and enjoy our serene getaway, Beth indicated that there was a fridge with bottled water & sodas, or a wonderful hot tea selection if we cared to indulge in either we were welcome. We scurried off to bed and slept beautifully on the comfy, giant bed that was prepared with elegant bedding and luxurious pillows.
The first morning we were sure to wake up early enough to enjoy the large inviting whirlpool tub before breakfast. We had no idea the delight that was upon us when we sat down at our perfectly prepared breakfast table for 2. The breakfast that was prepared for us the first morning was a flawless fritatta with spinach and cheese, some freshly baked muffins, and seasonal berries and yogurt. Not one bite that day or any other day we stayed here was below that of any restaurant we've ever eaten at (And we are big foodies!) That first morning we also had the pleasure of meeting 2 of the best people you could ask for to spend a week with, Peter and Lori.
These two were some of the most helpful hosts; from making reservations at restaurants to securing us tickets to the Biltmore Estate (which is a much better deal if you buy from the BW Inn)
From start to finish our stay was delightful and beyond what any other Bed & Breakfast out there is going to provide or offer, the key ingredient to our stay was the staff at the BW Inn & Peter & Lori. We will be back to visit again as soon as we can & hope to enjoy the hospitality and food that is consistent at the Black Walnut Bed & Breakfast Inn!

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect, but our favorite ended up being the Camellia ended up being our favorite because of the claw foot tub and fireplace
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best Bed and Breakfast Inn in Asheville, NC. The owners Peter and Lori White are hands on in every aspect. The staff is very accommodating. The views of the property both inside and outside is lovely. The furnishings are beautiful antiques, lush beddings. The food is exceptional. I would highly recommend it to a traveler who would like to be PAMPERED. We are visiting the Inn again in the fall for the 3rd time. My husband I love to visit Ashville, especially the Black Walnut. Dotti S.

Room Tip: The Walnut or any rooms on the second floor. They are all great!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dotti s
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My daugher, her dog and I stayed in the Magnolia room. It was perfect for us. The room was large, beautifully decorated, and extremely well appointed. It was so convenient for traveling with the dog -- we could step out the door and be in a grassy area for his comfort:). Very convenient first thing in the morning -- just throw on a robe -- no getting dressed to walk down a public hallway. It was also very private in the carriage house at the back of the property. We had our own porch which faced a beautifully landscaped yard. We did not have the opportunity to enjoy the afternoon tea or breakfast or spend much time with the owners -- too much on the go. Beth greeted us on our arrival, showed us around and said to let is know if there was anything we needed. My only request was to recommend transportation to the airport and they arranged for a driver and had muffins and coffee ready to go for me. We loved it there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MistysMom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The first two times my wife and I stayed there we had a wonderful time. Fantastic decor, food and hospitality. The third time was a last minute get away to Asheville. Set up a reservation with Lori, who was very accommodating and did not ask for a deposit. Unfortunately, the day of or travels we had an unexpected life threatening hospitalization of a grandparent who was already suffering from a terminal illness. We had to cancel our stay. Once again, Lori was very polite and accommodating with our sudden change of plans, and did not even ask for a nonrefundable deposit, which we would of payed. So, when we decided to stay there for a fourth time six months later, Lori refused our reservation. She was extremely hostile, rude and hung the phone up on me. I called back and I tried to enquire to Peter how we may have offended and wished to make amends, he just said I had to take it u with Lori, and when the phone was passed to her, she hung up again.
This is very sad for us. We even stayed there on our first anniversary and felt like it would develop into welcome tradition. Even though, The Black Walnut was recommended to us by a good friend and we had recommended them to many friends, we would highly urge people to stay away from this manic and toxic environment. There are many other wonderful places to stay in Asheville where you do not have to roll the dice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Aaron G
1BlackWalnut, Owner at Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I am unable to find any record of this guests stay for this time frame.All reservations are recorded in our system,so I am at a loss to explain . I would like to say however, that I am not in the habit of being rude to our guests or potential guests, and do not make a habit of hanging up on anyone, nor would I reject a reservation without a VERY good reason.