“Relaxing and Accomodating”
Review of Sweet Biscuit Inn

Sweet Biscuit Inn
Ranked #6 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I rarely feel compelled to write reviews on places, but I wanted to leave a fantastic review of the Sweet Biscuit Inn. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for our one year anniversary. We were welcomed with open arms and our bedroom (#4) was so comfortable. We had our own bathroom as well. The breakfasts were outstanding...especially Sunday which is when we were served table side crepes (go for the Nutella and/or cinnamon & sugar), and my husband particularly loved the chocolate chip cookies that seemed to keep replenishing themselves in the front entryway.

This was our first experience with a bed and breakfast and we couldn't have picked a better place. We enjoyed being able to go and do as we please throughout the day but also especially enjoyed sitting down for breakfast with the inn guests and talking to Christian and Claudia.

The location was optimal, perfectly set between downtown Asheville & Biltmore village, nestled in a quite neighborhood. I can't wait to return and hope that this review sways you into booking your first visit.

Thank you to Christian and Claudia for an amazing experience. We were seeking to have a quiet and relaxing time and I would have to say that the Sweet Biscuit Inn exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian H, Owner at Sweet Biscuit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Katie F,
thank you so much for your warm words! It was such a pleasure to have you and we fell honored that you choose us, to celebrate your first anniversary.
Your open and friendly way to meet other people was a delight to see, and we wish you both many more years to go, and may be celebrate once again in the Sweet Biscuit Inn!
All the best, stay healthy and have a nice fall,
Claudia and Christian

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sweet Biscuit Inn for 4 nights beginning September 25, 2013. We like to stay in B & B's because it's more of a home-like atmosphere and because of the opportunity to meet and interact with people from different places. This trip did not disappoint! Claudia and Christian know how to make you feel welcome and comfortable, as well as well-fed! I cannot possibly describe how good the food was, but suffice it to say, you will definitely not be disappointed. Our room and bed were so comfortable that when I woke briefly during our 4th night my first thought was, "I could live here!". We will definitely be going back. Stay here; you will not regret it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian H, Owner at Sweet Biscuit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Dear Laurie M,
thank you so much for your warm words and taking the time to write so detailed.
We enjoyed your long stay with us too, it gave us the opportunity to talk a little more than on a "normal" busy weekend. We are glad, that you enjoyed the food, it is always a pleasure seeing that.
Thank you for choosing us, and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again!
Take care,
Claudia and Christian

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Christian and Claudia know how to make their guests welcome and comfortable.
We anxiously awaited our breakfasts....they were wonderful...well presented and delicious....with a European flair. The location was great for us. And the cookies were always on the table!

Room Tip: We wanted a room with a king bed
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Judy R,
thank you so much for writing this review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure to see, how you enjoyed the food.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, have a nice fall and take care,
Claudia and Christian H,

Reviewed October 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sweet Biscuit Inn on a weekend getaway to Asheville. From the moment we pulled into the driveway until the time we left, I can say nothing but good things about the entire experience. Our hosts were very friendly and cordial and social and happy to answer questions about the area. The room was fabulous with many personal touches; very clean, nice furniture, excellent bathroom, and wonderful bed. The common areas were very nice and welcoming, we especially enjoyed the library and piano on the upstairs landing. All three courses of our breakfasts were fantastic and we really liked the unique fare. I was a little apprehensive about dining with all the other guests, but that proved to be unnecessary as it was very pleasant and encouraged discussion about each others' travels and time spent in Asheville, good places to see, restaurants to visit, etc. It was apparent that great care and attention to detail was taken with the property and landscaping; the porch was getting a fresh coat of paint when we arrived and was lovely to sit out on and enjoy by that evening, I really enjoyed all the plants out front and the little sitting/picnic area at the edge of the yard, and I even noticed that a few bricks in the driveway that had been knocked askew by a passing car were set to rights that same evening. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would (actually have already!) recommend this B&B to anyone considering a stay in Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JK,
it touched our hearts reading your review!! Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a detailed "report".
We enjoyed thoroughly how you used and enjoyed all different options of the Sweet Biscuit Inn, just as we thought of in creating them. How nice that you could experience all the benefits from a large breakfast table. Guests give the best recommendations in sharing their experience, we "only" can pass on ours..
So, as Kentucky is not so far, we hope to see you again, and we will take great care of your recommended friends, promised!
All the best,
Christian and Claudia H.,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I attended a wedding in Asheville and the Sweet Biscuit was suggested. It was just perfect! The wonderful breakfast, the room and bathroom was spacious and beautifully decorated...the bed was heavenly. I haven't slept so well in years. Even with the windows open, the silence was astounding. The bed and the sheets was so cozy it was difficult to get out of bed. However, getting up was worth it in order to enjoy the amazing breakfast. Claudia and Christian made me feel at home and were extremely gracious. Others in the wedding party who stayed at a hotel did not have the same experience and complained about the beds and the noise. I can't wait to go back to Asheville and stay at the Sweet Biscuit Inn and enjoy more peaceful nights, great coffee on the beautiful porch and wonderful food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Christian H, Owner at Sweet Biscuit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear gturkel,
thank you for your warm words. We enjoyed meeting you so much and can't wait to welcome you again, hopefully with your husband.
All the best,
Christian and Claudia H.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

After staying at the Sweet Biscuit Inn, I won’t stay anywhere else in Asheville. I can’t say enough wonderful things about Claudia, Christian, and their home. My fiancé and I arrived late on a Friday evening. We were unable to arrive during normal check-in hours, but Christian and Claudia were more than accommodating, wanting us only to arrive safely. We were greeted warmly upon arrival and shown to our room. We were in town for father/son weekend at the Christ school, and Christian had printed out the weekend schedule of events and directions for us. We chose this particular bed and breakfast because we were looking to avoid the stuffiness of some older Victorian houses, and we were not disappointed. Our room was clean and comfortable with nice personal touches that you don’t get in a standard hotel. The bathroom was modern and newly remodeled. The bed was extremely comfortable, making it difficult to get up in the morning. Claudia’s breakfast, however, was more than worth waking up for. Claudia is a phenomenal cook. Each breakfast was three courses; a fruit course, a main course, and a “dessert” course including fresh, made to order crepes. I won’t completely ruin the surprise, but I don’t think you can find a better breakfast anywhere in Asheville. We attended a wine social hosted by Claudia and Christian on an early Saturday evening on the front porch. The wine, appetizers, atmosphere, and conversation were all equally lovely. The Sweet Biscuit Inn is the perfect combination of old Asheville charm with a European flair. By the end of the weekend, I felt like we had made two new friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Christian H, Manager at Sweet Biscuit Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Danielle S,
thank you for your detailed review! You were the first Christ School Parents we hosted, and we are so glad that you choose the Sweet Biscuit Inn for your stay. Just in contrary to the "rivalry" of the two schools our sons attend/attended, our conversations were delightful. The social hour on the porch became special because you three were there.
Hopefully we can intensify the different themes which came up during your next school/ or not-school visits.
Have a wonderful fall,
Claudia and Christian H.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently met three friends from Cincinnati at the Sweet Biscuit Inn for a reunion. We stayed in the Carriage House behind the Inn which gave us a house to ourselves. The Carriage House was spacious, nicely decorated and came complete with a front patio. We were able to enjoy the front porch of the Inn as well. Breakfast was delicious and we were amazed at the ease with which Christian and Claudia served twelve people.
The Inn is very convenient to tourist spots as well as downtown. I would advise a cab if you're going downtown at night as there is very limited parking.
We have decided to make the Inn an annual event and look forward to our return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ellen076,
thank you for taking the time to write the review.
We always enjoy hosting a group of friends, who have such a strong friendship as yours is. It is so nice to give you the "room" for your special come together and we feel honored that you want to do it every year now. We will do our best to even improve.
Take care, have a lovely fall,
Christian and Claudia H.