“Charming, peaceful, fabulous food”
Review of Sweet Biscuit Inn

Sweet Biscuit Inn
Ranked #6 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I recently spent a week in the Carriage House at the Sweet Biscuit Inn in Asheville, NC. It couldn't have been more perfect or peaceful. Lovely decor, discrete service, impeccably clean, warm ambience. And the three-course breakfasts carried me through to dinner!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Sweet Biscuit Inn

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Things we loved:

Carriage House was very stylish and quaint.

The food at the main house was wonderful.

The hosts acommodated our 3 (yes, three) tiny dogs without batting an eye.

Very helpful recommendations when needed for area restaurants, attractions, etc.

We would go again in a heartbeat...Try out Sweet Buscuit next time you travel to Asheville.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I'd planned to take a vacation to work on writing a novel-in-progress, and after a bit of research settled on this B&B. Its location is great for vacationers with similar interests--close to all the attractions of downtown Asheville while being located in a quiet neighborhood (good for productivity!). The accommodations and service were wonderful. Claudia and Christian themselves were quite hospitable, providing handy guides to restaurants and attractions in the area (useful for me, as I'd never been to Asheville before), and even checking every now and then as I wrote on the porch to see if I needed any coffee. Breakfast, too, was so fantastic that I lamented not waking up at Sweet Biscuit for days after my vacation ended, just because I missed waking up to Claudia's classily-presented gourmet meals. I would easily go back to Sweet Biscuit Inn for the breakfasts alone, but overall, I was pleased with everything about my stay there. When the time comes for my next writing vacation, I'll definitely return to this inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room #2, which has a huge window that lets in a lot of sunlight.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sweet Biscuit Inn in Asheville, NC; my husband and I, and our two kids, 13 and 11. I'm so glad we chose this B&B! It's convenient to downtown Asheville, Biltmore, and shopping. The house itself is on a quiet hill just outside of downtown, easy to find via GPS. There is a great big front porch with rocking chairs and porch swings. Freshly baked cookies awaited us in the large open foyer.
The beautiful old house had lots of charm and was very tastefully decorated. Comfortable rooms with their own bathrooms. Mine had a claw-foot tub. High ceilings made the rooms look and feel more spacious. There is a landing between the first and second floors where you can relax, read a book, play a little piano, or play a family game. Lots to choose from.
The owners, Christian and Claudia are such warm people, they made us feel like we were their favorite guests among a whole house full. They gave us great tips and ideas for shopping, restaurants, and things to do. Breakfast was amazing, and the kids especially liked having dessert. It's not very often you get "breakfast dessert", and it was fantastic. The owners obviously take a lot of pride in their work, and that makes it such a joy to stay with them. We have been to Asheville several times, but now there is only one place I'm willing to stay while we're there. Sweet Biscuit Inn. Staying there really made our trip great.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My 12 year old son and I stayed in the Birdsong Suite while my older son was visiting a school in the area. The suite was quite spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The inn has a great location between Biltmore Village and downtown, but is in a residential area on top of a hill so it is very quiet. The innkeepers are wonderful, gracious hosts. They gave us a wealth of information about restaurants and activities in the area, both for children and adults. My son and I agreed that the breakfast was the best breakfast we have ever had at an Inn or small hotel. Claudia even made us a ' dessert' for breakfast of homemade crepes on a European crepe maker. She made crepes suzette for me and made the famous Asheville School banana crepe for my son, which he thought was delicious. The only bad thing about the visit is that Claudia set too high a standard for breakfast and now my son wants me to buy a European crepe maker and make our family various crepes for breakfast! We had a wonderful stay and will be back again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family and I looked online through quite a few B&Bs in the Asheville area, but we kept going back to the Sweet Biscuit Inn. The site was very user friendly, and had great photos of the individual rooms. The inn itself did not disappoint. We arrived a bit late after a long drive, and Christian, the proprietor, was there to greet us warmly with a bright smile on his face, to show us our rooms. We had lovely rooms that were spacious, comfortable, and clean. We were there for 2 nights and breakfast each morning was delicious and varied. There was a refreshing fruit, yogurt and granola starter, followed by a hearty breakfast entree, but, the best were the desserts. The first morning, Christian and his wife, Claudia, made the most decadent bread pudding ever! Maybe not necessary, but, most appreciated.

The inn itself is has great curbside appeal with a nice deep front porch with comfortable rockers that beg to be enjoyed. There is a cozy lounge area on the mid-floor landing that is surrounded by deep shelves of books. Great for enjoying your coffee or tea. In the morning, we loved how sunny the whole house was. We had a wonderful stay, and have already told our friends and family to stay there too.

Room Tip: We had the 2nd floor suite. Christian put in a rollaway bed, so our kids each had their own bed in t...
1  Thank ChiaM42
Reviewed April 5, 2013

If you are looking for gracious hosts, lovely and comfortable accommodations, and breakfasts that can't be beat, then the Sweet Biscuit Inn is just for you!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We chose the Sweet Biscuit Inn because of its convenient location. We were pleasantly surprised by the peaceful, quiet atmosphere considering how close it is to the liveliness of downtown Asheville, Biltmore Village, and the Biltmore Estate.

Thank you, Christian and Claudia, for taking such care to ensure that our stay was fantastic! Our kids are still talking about the crepes! You will definitely see us again on our next trip to Asheville.

Room Tip: The carriage house was just perfect for our family of 4!