“I'm a fan of Mellow Mushroom”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #49 of 811 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Located in the heart of Asheville, offering spring water dough pizza w/ gluten free & vegan options + salads, hoagies and all the local craft beer. We're also now serving brunch on Sundays 'til 1pm!
Reviewed July 18, 2014

My husband and I kind of stumbled across Mellow Mushroom when we were visiting Asheville. Right away we were taken in by the eclectic mix of pictures and paintings around the inside of the restaurant. They also have a nice outside patio that we couldn't take advantage of because of the rain. The pizza was good with an amazing crust that tasted so fresh! I was amused by the guy in back flipping and tossing the dough. I couldn't believe the pizza was being made right in front of my eyes! Very entertaining. We also had an amazing mushroom soup and an artichoke and spinach dip unlike any other I've tasted! My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality and boldness of the food! And, to top it all off, our waiter, JC, was super attentive and talked to us a great deal about the popular Asheville spots and the town of Asheville in general. If you're ever in Asheville, make sure you stop by the Mellow Mushroom and be sure to ask for JC!

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Nice place good atmosphere. Food was good and the service was excellent. We were only there once but had a good time. For a chain, the pizza was excellent and the process were not mad.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We are new to the gluten free diet and were in search of a good pizza. Mellow Mushroom has several gluten free pizzas on the menu. Our server was very knowledgeable about all the food and was helpful in making our decision. Needless to say, we were not disappointed with our pizza choice!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you're looking for good pizza, great drinks, and a fun dining atmosphere, go to Mellow Mushroom! Being vegan, we don't always get an opportunity to eat pizza unless we go with no cheese. But not at Mellow Mushroom - we had an amazing veggie/tofu/ daiya cheese pizza - made to order! We requested a thinner crust and extra sauce, light cheese - no problem! The pizza was delicious and were the drinks! I had a jalepeno margarita that was amazing! A margarita with a little 'kick', it might be my new favorite! They also had a lot of other choices, salads, calzones, and appetizers. We didn't try any, the pizza was enough!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We have eaten at many Mellow Mushrooms but Asheville has definite character. Outdoor seating makes it especially inviting and the pizzas are always good and fresh! Great place for families!

1  Thank Foodie1127