“Great Pizza and Atmosphere!”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #48 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Located in the heart of Asheville, offering spring water dough pizza w/ gluten free & vegan options + salads, hoagies and all the local craft beer. We're also now serving brunch on Sundays 'til 1pm!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My family went there and enjoyed a great pizza outside on the patio. It was very enjoyable. Crowded early so I recommend you get there for an early dinner

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We got teh hot pretzels- which were heavenly. The pizza crust is crispy like french bread- really different. We got a red skin potato pizza with carelized onion, sour cream, and garlic. Awesome!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had lunch on a Sunday afternoon. The first person we experienced at the restaurant was the host who acted as if we were intruding on his afternoon. So much for a good first impression. We sat outside and the tables and chairs were very worn and some food was stuck in the mesh or the tables and chairs. The plates were scratched, but clean. Things improved when the waitress came to the table. The service was prompt and the food was very good. Our drinks were refilled without asking and what started out "iffy" worked out to be ok. Maybe a pressure washing for the patio and customer service training for the host would make this rating higher.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

This a cute place to go in the off seasons for decent pizza, snacks and beer. I go infrequently generally you get consistent quality and fair service. I avoid this place on sunny days and high tourist season as it is congested with long lines and the food quality suffers considerably - of course the beer is slow but hard to ruin so still decent. Great place for a cold winter day or rainy day and you need a bustling crowd around you and want to warm up your innards.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had the Portobello Mushroom sandwich at this place and it was awesome. I have never seen a mushroom that big. It was not dry, it was moist and you would think you were eating a hamburger, which I don't. The workers are all laid back. It was like a 60's throwback place. Lots of psychedelics. As I was eating, I just looked at all the stuff they had. After I ate, I actually walked around and looked at the walls and neat and groovy stuff they had. I just love places like this. It's fun to reminisce of my peace sign pants when I was a kid. It's a must when you are in Ahseville.