“Clean, nicely decorated, inexpensive”

Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road
Ranked #25 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Atlanta
“Clean, nicely decorated, inexpensive”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

At others have noted, the Super 8 is under renovation, so there is some construction mess around. Nevertheless, the room I stayed in was clean, neatly decorated, and quiet. For what it is - a budget motel - Super 8 is doing a Super job. Clearly, someone is making a effort and it shows. The picture here fairly represents what my room looked like. Complementary breakfast in the morning - sausage and biscuit, waffles, yogurt, toast, coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CAZ485
Super8Asheville, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property! We look forward to seeing you again, and hopefully the renovations will be completed within the month!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Henrico
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel was under renovation. Front desk assistance to resolve poor working AC and refrigerator was virtually ignored. Ice cream ending up melting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Super8Asheville, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
I am sorry you feel your stay was not satisfactory. Our staff did check the AC while you were out, and were unable to find any faults. As far as our refrigerators, they are all self defrosting to prevent freeze ups once they reach a certain temperature. Our staff did assist you in keeping all your frozen items in our back freezer with 24hr access. I would like to talk to you personally about this and would like to convince you to give our hotel and staff another chance to show you why we are the best Super 8 in the area. Give me a call directly at 828-505-4648 ask for Jeremy.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I wasn't expecting much when I booked this budget hotel, but I was surprised to find the building undergoing major renovations to the exterior. The staff was pleasant, but seemed short handed. The pass code for the wi-if was not posted In the room, and it took 2 calls to the office before someone answered the phone, When attempting to turn in the key when checking out, I found no one at the desk. I soon found the attendant replenishing the a breakfast food, which was minimal at best. Although the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, I likely will not return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Super8Asheville, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
I am sorry to hear your stay was unpleasant. I would love to talk to you directly about it, if you could please give me a call at your earliest convenience to discuss what you feel we should improve on. 828-505-4648
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I stayed here two night. The outside was under construction. The outside made me leery of what the inside would be like. Fortunately, I was surprised by the room. It was very clean and housekeeping did a great job replenishing and straightening up while we were out. The only complaint we had was the wifi. it worked but was very temperamental. The staff was very nice and helpful. Overall, I'd stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your accommodations aside from the pesky wifi acting up! The outside renovations should be completed very soon! We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Asheville.