“No complaints”

Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road
Ranked #26 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 27, 2012

A quiet, comfortable, well-appointed room. Particularly liked the comfortable easy chair, a rarity in hotels of this class. The room had one king-sized. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast room was large, bright and cheerful - nothing memorable about the breakfast, though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

I think I'd prefer a rear facing room, the walls seem paper thin and we got to listen to traffic noises all night long. Staff was quick to correct a booking error, but rooms are in dire need of a refresh
"pet friendly" equates to $10/night..

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Location to downtown is 2.2 miles. Excellent alternative to paying much more. The hotel is clean, has everything I needed and I must comment on the very helpful front desk staff. They made me feel comfortable and attended to all my requests. Continental breakfast is (unfortunately) nothing to "write home" about. Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank anitaInJocotepec
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I realize that this is not a 4 star hotel. I was just looking for clean and comfortable. The beds are full not queen, so with 4 of us it was almost impossible to be comfortable. Everything is old, but the sheets looked clean. Not really the most professional looking folks working the desk, but nice enough people. We tried to get a blanket and they said "unfortunatley, we don't have any". How do you not have an extra blanket at a hotel? There were sketchie people walking up and down the walk way in front of our room. We decided to pack up and not spend the night. I ask for my money back, and the man said he had no authority to do that. So I guess I'll make some calls. We drove home 3 hours at midnight.

If you don't have medium to high standards, this may be the place for you. Or if you are traveling with a man, you would be ok. We were 2 women and children. Didn't feel totally comfortable, however it was just one experience. I hate to judge to harshly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The owner and staff went out of their way to make my stay positive in anyway I can think of, and some I didn't. It is hard for me too find a truly handicap accessible room (confined too wheelchair) this one was very spacious and easy too manuvour in (this I have found too be rare, even in the so called luxuray hotels). I would especially like to single out the manager, "Gary" for seeing to everything (unique situations, ect.) making my stay very smooth, comfortable and worry free; A rare and valuable person that would make any enterprise a success. Thank you for the 5 star treatment.

Room Tip: Just ask, they accomadate.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

No frills, pretty clean, fair location great price for the weekend. Would definitely come back here in the future and of course we love the Wyndham rewards. If you are looking for a good deal and don't expect too much then I think you will be pleased with this Super 8.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Made an unplanned stop in Asheville, and the prices at most hotels were outrageuos- the Super 8 is a value hotel, so we didnt expect any frills. The manager on duty the night we stayed made sure our stay was comfortable, and that we had everything we needed. He also said they were about to remodel the entire hotel- we will definitely will come back to take a look!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family