“Its a Super 8. Modest. Somewhat out-of-the-way but fine.”

Super 8 Asheville Tunnel Road
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Its a Super 8 like all others. It took us about 20 minutes to check in because the reception was unmaned and it took a guy 20 minutes to show up. We parked in the rear so that our car was below the room - we were on a room in the rear in the back. I would have preferred a room in the front, because the rear is slightly isolated and I was less than certain of the guests on the ground floor. But there was no issue - my car was full of stuff. I prefer the parking in the front, so I parked there on the 2nd day.

Cheaper hotels in Asheville are in this neighborhood. We wanted to see Chimney Rock, which is about 30 minutes away. For that, I would have preferred a hotel closer to the place, but this was the cheapest place. The entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway is not far away, about 3 miles which was perfect for me after I had checked out.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,184)

Reviewed March 16, 2011

Our room was VERY dark and dingy compared to the room photos on the website. Also, service is pretty poor... there were several times we called the front desk during normal business hours and nobody answered. Also, the wireless service is TERRIBLE... it constantly crashes, is very slow, and does not work with most browsers. The best thing about this hotel is that the provided breakfast is better than what most budget motels offer. We booked this hotel during a promotion, so I feel like it was ok for the price we paid, but I would not pay over $55 per night to stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EBGreenville
Reviewed March 12, 2011

While not terrible, even for a low rate hotel this one really lacked. The toilet was not attached to the floor and wobbled. It is a noisy location made worse by someone parking a motorcycle outside our door. I've stayed at worse places but this one certainly is near the bottom. If I were you I'd spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else. You'll be glad you did. I wish we did.
However, the guy at the front desk when we checked in was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAL51
Reviewed January 26, 2011

Very nasty from the carpet to the bathrooms, and no service ice machines.
Very poor water pressure ( can't even wash hands ).
Would not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank mikeseth
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed here on my way to Orlando, Florida. Got there kind of late, but there were plenty of rooms available. Quiet and comfortable. No noise what so ever, considering it was just off the highway. Will stay again if needed

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 19, 2010

My king smoking room was large and the TV offered about 70 channels. It had no easy chair. The bath/toilet area was arranged very oddly--the toilet and bath were crammed into one side of the small area, while the tiolet paper was on the opposite side--if you needed to use it and didn't have the arms of a gorilla, you risked falling off the stool! The shower head did not deliver a good quantity of water and it was not terribly hot. Bathroom linens were elderly but certainly sufficient and absorbent. The continental breakfast was sketchy--cereal, bagels and toast only--but there was a plentiful supply of breakfast beverages and they offer a discount coupon for a nearby IHOP, if one likes that kind of thing. The location on the east side of town was somewhat inconvenient but Asheville is small enough that this was not a major issue. There is no pool. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Over all, this is a decent place to stay and good value.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Really clean and well taken care of for this kind of hotel. Awseome location with lots of restaurants, etc. close by. Only one exit from downtown. Ask for a room on the backside away from the road noise. The mex restaurant next to the hotel looks good but we wanted something more eccentric. IT IS ASHEVILLE AFTER ALL!! --grin-- Tip: Rosetta's is a veggie restaurant one exit away from this location. Drive is 5 minutes MAX and the place looks like San Francisco. Get the miso broth.