1,519 results
All reviewshunting lodgethe red stagmanor housebiltmore villagemain buildingart gallerysoaking tubanimal headswater closetglass doorbath saltsmarriott pointsdirectly across the streettrain tracksseparate showervalet staffhotel restaurant
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Stayed Oct 1-3. Greeted quickly by valet. Must valet car @ $15/night. Valets were friendly and helpful. Check-in is at seated desks. At 1 PM room was not available. The rather pretentious check-in clerk dilligently took down my cell # and promised to call when the room became available and also strongly suggested making reservations at their restaurant because reservations may be "hard to come by in Asheville on Friday." I will say he did recognize our anniversary and offered a bottle of champaigne (gratis). We decided to have lunch at nearby Biltmore Village. After lunch went to downtown Asheville, about a 3 mile easy drive. It wasn't until 6PM that I received word that our room was ready. By that time we decided to hang around Asheville and canceled our diner reservations (had no problems getting a table at a downtown restaurant). Came back and complained about the late notification for the room. Was taken aback by the confrontational clerk saying they called me at 3 PM not 6. I showed her my incoming call records on my phone that had only the 6 pm call from the hotel. Isolated incident? Perhaps, but wouldn't it be better for customer relations to apologize for the misunderstanding instead? The rooms were big, but the bathroom did not have entrance doors. Instead there were heavy curtains that separated the bathroom area to the rest of the room.There were etched glass doors for the shower (a wonderful rain-fall showerhead) and toilet. Kind of weird. There was a nice Bose radio/CD system. They sell a 2 CD set of "inspirational" music that can be played for free in the room. I thought it be cheesy jazz, but it was actually very good music. Houskeeping knocked on the door early on Saturday (9 am). Told them we'd be leaving soon for breakfast. We didn't get back to the room until after 2 PM and the room still hadn't been cleaned. Went back out and upon our return in the evening it was completed. An OK stay, but have had better experiences. Other than the valets, we did not feel like welcomed guests.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Futbol14
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Grand Bohemian was very close to getting a five star review from me, but I had to deduct a star due to the poor service in the restaurant.
We arrived Friday and our car was parked by the valet. Thank goodness because parking around Biltmore Village was impossible. Our room was lovely. It was spotless and roomy enough for two. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable, a nice size bathroom, large tub, separate shower (with great pressure), and free Wi-Fi.
Then we headed to the spa on the 3rd floor for some great treatments. The spa services are wonderful, but there are only 3 treatment rooms (one of them being a couples room), so if you want a spa appointment, book it early.
The hotel is located within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shopping. It was very convenient being close to some great restaurants because, although the food in the hotel restaurant is excellent, the service is terrible. I do not say this lightly. I am not the kind of person who cares very much about having "top notch" service. Just be friendly and bring me my food in a timely manner, and I'm happy. We had 3 meals there, two breakfasts and a lunch. Each time it took at least 10 minutes for our server to come to the table to greet us and take a drink order. Then another 10 minutes for the drinks to arrive (drinks like coffee and iced tea). Meanwhile, the server is no where to be found, and no one else in the restaurant seems to be able to help us.
We finally get them to take our order, and the servers all have a little "attitude" like, "I wish I wasn't here and do NOT engage me in small talk." When my husband needed to send something back, once again, it took us 10 minutes to find someone. A hotel breakfast should not take 50 minutes!
It is too bad, because all of the other staff is very helpful, friendly and personable.
I wouldn't let the poor restaurant service stop anyone from staying at the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants that are more reasonably priced, within walking distance of the hotel. It is a very beautiful property.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Last week we celebrated our 39th anniversary in grand style at this wonderfully luxurious hotel in Asheville, NC. It was renovated last year to perfection, all appointments are pure luxury from the suede curtains on both sides of the bathtub that can be drawn to open the room to the bathroom or drawn to separate the two to bed and bath linens. One drives up to the hotel through a portico that had us feeling we were entering a grand estate. The lobby is that of hunting lodges of old -very spacious and every inch designed to perfection. The rooms are luxurious and yet designed also for the business traveler, the service impeccable. We had had a fine dining experience the night before so did not try the hotel's restaurant "Red Stag" but we will have to return so we may have that experience in the future. If you like game as I do, you will like their menu.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We traveled to Asheville NC, my husband, toddler and myself to see the Biltmore Estate and stayed at the Grand Bohemian. Wow what a hotel, i have stayed at nice places before but was extremely taken back by this one. Absolutely beautiful, so clean, and the food was amazing. The hotel was very accommodating since we were traveling with a toddler. They set up a microwave, fridge, highchair, and crib in our room ( I remember the days of packing bikinis and that was all). The art work throughout the hotel is absolutely beautiful and sets this apart from any other property you will stay at. When you enter your trendy, chic room you are greeted with lounge music that they have playing on your Bose stereo. It is very inviting and definitely worth visiting.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank BabyAva1
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We recently stayed at this hotel and could not be more pleased with our stay. The hotel is lovely and the location could not be better. The lobby is really quite nice. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was great and the service couldn't be better. We had a king room in the main building and there is nothing to criticize. The room was spacious and well appointed with a great big-screen wall-mounted TV. About the only item we would change would be that the hotel had either a soda machine or a small shop where you could purchase drinks and snacks.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple