$126
Country Inn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $147/night.

$102
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$98
$89
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$99
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

Sleep Inn Asheville - Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$75
$71
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $91/night.

Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$129
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

$119
Country Inn
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $201/night.

Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$74
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $92/night.

Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$168
$148
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$345
$260
  • Pool
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $295/night.

1,506 results
All reviewshunting lodgethe red stagmanor housebiltmore villagemain buildingart gallerysoaking tubanimal headswater closetglass doorbath saltsmarriott pointsdirectly across the streettrain tracksseparate showerhotel restaurantvalet staff
Reviewed May 17, 2009

The hotel is beautiful and VERY high style - as has been stated in previous reviews. However, some of the style does not WORK. You get poked in the eye by a stylish arrangement of twigs as you get off the elevator on the 3rd floor where our room was located (room 329). The music in the elevator lobby is VERY loud - which is disconcerting early in the morning or 11pm at night. The phone is nowhere near the bed, the alarm clock is a Bose radio, which is great, but it is a long way away from the bed. I like to be able to see the clock from the bed. The bed is fantastic and the room was beautiful, but for a new hotel, the AC was fairly loud. The robes are beautiful as was the bath although the bathroom lighting was too dim. My major complaint was about NOISE. The ballroom is on the 4th floor of this 4 floor hotel, right over our room on the third floor. There was a wedding the night we arrived and it was impossible to sleep with the walls and ceiling vibrating to the bass and drums of the band playing right over our heads. The front desk was not helpful at all and only after two calls did they eventually find a room on the other side of the hotel. RIchard, from the staff was the only person who seemed to care and he was very helpful in resolving the noise issue. They cannot rent the rooms under the ballrooms when they have events there unless to the guests going to the event.
As someone else stated, the bar staff was less than friendly.
We had a great waiter, Jacob, for our dinner and the food was quite good.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bosman09
Reviewed May 7, 2009

We stayed 2 nights in the Grand Bohemian in mid April. Our room was beautiful and comfortable. The only problem was the hall music was too loud at night but not enough so that we had to call the desk. Our room was directly across from the Spa entrance but it was not a problem at all. We never heard any noise from there. We were also by the exercise room and there was some noise from there but again tolerable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant but do recommend The Dining Room at The Inn on Biltmore Estate.

1  Thank latravel57
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Location - The hotel is located in Biltmore Village, a small area of shops and houses directly outside the main gate of Biltmore Estate. The signage of the property is small and understated. While this allows the newly constructed building to blend better with the existing 100+ year old buildings, it makes it hard to find the hotel if you don’t know exactly what you are looking for. In fairness, this is probably to meet the zoning requirements of the historic district, but be aware of it. I found the property ahead of time on Google Street View and that helped.

The property - It actually consists of 2 buildings across a fairly busy street from one another. The main hotel houses guest rooms, the valet parking garage, reception area, bar, Red Stag Grill, ball rooms, fitness center, and spa. The “manor house” contains only guest rooms. Aside from the reception desk, I didn’t use any of these services, so I can’t rate them, but I did include some photos in this review.

Reception- Service was prompt and friendly. Valets and Bellmen were at the ready. There are only two check-in desks. Check-in was fast for us, but could be slow if you had a few people in front of you. They really could work on being able to process more guests at peak times. I saw people waiting most of the times I went into the main lobby. The entrance is classy without being gaudy. The main lobby features a central fireplace and large heavy timbers. I liked it.

Parking – Valet is available for $15/day. They have on site garages. Self parking is free and is open-air public parking in the Biltmore Village area behind the manor house.

Room - I had a “Superior Room” which is fancy hotel way of saying “Standard King.” Room #16 is located on the top (third) floor of the manor house. It is a corner room and is a little smaller than another Superior Room that some traveling companions were assigned to. The rooms were clean and reasonably well appointed. 40” flat panel with Roomlinx*, coffee/tea maker with Starbucks coffee and Tazo teas, a bottle of wine for $25, and Evian for $5, safe, iron and board, two robes. No slippers or mini-fridge. Ice bucket, but no ice maker. It may have been in the main building, but I didn’t need ice bad enough to go down 3 floors, cross a busy street, locate an ice maker, then reverse the process.

*Roomlinx – This was my first time using it and thought it was really handy. The TV doubles as a computer monitor. A wireless keyboard with built-in mouse are on the desk. Roomlinx serves as a virtual concierge. It gives quick access to area restaurants and menus, events, news, Open Office applications, complimentary On-Demand movies, and a web browser.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property w/o a pass code.

Bathroom – Clean and well appointed fixturing. The door to the bathroom is actually heavy drapery. Odd at first, but you get used to it. Fully stone tiled shower and separate toilet room. The other room that my travelling companions were in also included a soaking tub. I think ours was lacking that due to being the corner room and short on space. Granite counter on a beautiful wood vanity. Toto toilet. Lousy toilet paper though. I have to give them a thumbs down on this one part of the bathroom. Come on people, buy some real toilet paper. Single-ply is so Motel 6.

Food - i didn't eat at the on-site restaurant, but the menu looked good. Each morning, coffee with trays of pastries and fresh fruit were available in the first floor lobby of the manor house. I don't know what/where would be available in the main hotel. It's not a full breakfast by any means, but served as a decent morning snack. I can truly reccomend the Corner Kitchen in Biltmore Village for breakfast. Delicious. But that's for another review.

Nice hotel, but they blew a few things – The hotel is located about 100 meters from a railroad crossing and the buildings are divided by a fairly busy road that has traffic throughout the night. The road noise and the train were a bit much. Given the location of the tracks, anything within a 1 mile radius is going to have the train noise, so I don’t fault them for that. What I do fault them for is not using better sound insulating windows and walls on rooms that face the tracks. It’s a critical flaw that should have been in the construction plans but wasn’t. My companions had a room facing the opposite direction and were not bothered much by the train. If you’re a light sleeper, request a room away from the street and train.
Any noise in the hallways carries into the rooms. A conversation at the opposite end sounds like it’s occurring outside your door. Another architectural design flaw that probably can’t be corrected now. Perhaps adding some sound deadening materials as decorative wall coverings would help.
Keep in mind that the noise issues may not apply to rooms in the main hotel.

Value - The hotel just opened at the beginning of April, 2009. They are running a $99/night promo through TravelZoo (Promo Code = zoo99) for April and May. At this price, it’s a no-brainer. It’s infinitely more hotel than the chains of similar price like Hampton Inn or Fairfield Inn. At the published rates, the “value” meter starts going down and other options become available. Don’t get me wrong. This is a $200+/night property. I’m just cheap and don’t like making almost a car payment for one night in a used bed. If you are planning on the $200+ per night hotels, and If you’re visiting Biltmore Estate, the Inn on Biltmore includes passes in some of its rates. Once you take this into consideration, it becomes a competitor of the Grand Bohemian.

Conclusion – I liked the hotel and would stay again. I’m a cheap traveler so I wouldn’t pay list rates. I’d time a visit to coincide with a discount offer, but that’s me. It’s a solid hotel property with a few growing pains to work out. But given the lodging options in Asheville, this hits a nice spot that’s been empty for a while. It’s far better than the national chain boxes, but usually better priced than the 4-diamond Inn on Biltmore. I recommend it if the price fits your budget.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank monkeylizard
Reviewed April 25, 2009

A must see to believe hotel!!! We stayed during the Biltmore Festival of Flowers and enjoyed our stay at the Grand Bohemian very much. The hotel was very trendy and elegant; the staff were very attentive. During our stay we ate at The Red Stag Grill, which was fabulous! I had the Hayes Braised Short Ribs which were the best I have ever had and my husband had the trout which was also an excellent dish. Dinner was excellent, dessert was excellent; the chef came out which was a pleasant touch to the evening. I wish that all hotels and restaurants paid that much attention to detail. Our stay was a fantastic experience and I will definitely stay there again!

2  Thank thefirefly
Reviewed April 24, 2009

We recently spent a night at the Bohemian and I absolutely loved the architecture and decor of this hotel. It is a boutique style hotel, which I personally prefer to the boring, standardized chain hotels that all look the same. We spent a lot of time just wandering around the hotel admiring the different artwork and sculptures throughout. The style is rustic elegeance, almost like a chic hunting lodge. There is a stuffed wild boar near check in and some very large antler chandeliers--but it is all very elegeant at the same time. Apparently all the antlers and animal hides, etc are all things that Mr. Kessler himself has hunted. The room was so cozy and comfortable, the bed and pillows were fabulous. This would also be a great place to have a wedding, our room was across from the room they use for wedding receptions and just down from the bridal suite. The bridal suite has a private entrance straight into the reception room which would be very convenient. The crystal chandeliers in the ball room were stunning as well. The location was perfect, nestled in Biltmore Village and directly across from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate. It is a short 5-10 minute drive to downtown Asheville as well. There is also a cute little art gallery within the hotel that was fun to look through. I think this is the perfect hotel for singles or couples wanting a quiet, romantic hotel near the Biltmore Estate. Not the best choice for families traveling with children. We hope to go back and experience their spa next time.