“Love the Grand Bohemian”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This was my second stay at this beautiful hotel and it was just as perfect as the first stay. The staff is always welcoming and they made my birthday stay wonderful. The rooms are plush with the hunting lodge wood and lavish decor. The bath tub is the biggest I have ever been in and I just never want to leave this hotel when I am here. Thank you for making our second stay so memorable. The service, location and design are perfect.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katladyunc
Write a ReviewReviews (1,409)

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Did a lot of research on Asheville hotels and so glad I chose Grand Bohemian. From the moment your pull into the courtyard which is lovely, you feel welcome and pampered by every staff member you encounter. After many 'e-chats' with Parker, I was comfortable that everything I asked for would be addressed and was delighted it was - king bed, quiet part of the hotel, nice view and one of the few 'balconies' in the hotel and even the mini frig brought to our room. The lobby is extremely inviting and enjoyable to sit by the large fireplace. The restaurant was interesting, service was fine and the food was very good, breakfast and dinner. I loved the décor for the most part, the mounts and antler lighting fixtures but could do without the marble busts. The location is great, just outside the heart of the city in the charming Biltmore village. The room was very quiet in that I heard no inner hotel noise such as neighbors or music but being on the west side of the hotel, as requested, the morning traffic was a bit loud but not so in the nighttime. I hear more trains at my home than I heard here. I believe it was only once a day from this room. Overall our stay at the Grand Bohemian was a completely enjoyable experience!!

Room Tip: The hotel is arranged in a square with room surrounding the courtyard parking entry. I requested the...
Reviewed March 23, 2014

You want to stay at this hotel. Trust me. I'm a guy who is incredibly particular about hotels, and I admit to spending many hours researching the perfect place to stay for our wedding getaway to Asheville. The moment we stepped foot in the Grand Bohemian, we knew we made the right decision. It's incredibly beautiful and relaxing. It's one of those places that takes away all of your cares. When you are in the Grand Bohemian, you know you are on vacation. Then you get to the rooms ... and oh my, the rooms! We stayed in Room 420, which is a gorgeous suite. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the sitting area was most relaxing. The main event, however, is the bathroom. Those. Bathtubs. Are. Huge! You'll be tempted to spend your entire vacation in the tub. Oh, and the showers ... money. Straight money. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water! The hotel is also in a wonderful location, just outside the gates of the Biltmore Estate. If you're going to Asheville, stay at this hotel. There really is no reason to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite. It's a bit more expensive, of course, but you get your money's worth. You w...
3  Thank Brett D
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great boutique hotel near restaurants and shopping. This was our first stay and we had a queen room on the second floor. Bathroom is very spacious and the room was very well appointed. I expected some noise from the train tracks and the busy near-by streets, but I did not expect noise from downstairs (a thump, thump music noise during the evening hours). Ate breakfast one morning and the service and food were good. Location will bring me to this hotel again and the staff was very nice!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MJlovethebeach
Reviewed March 20, 2014

What an amazing hotel with attentive and very friendly staff. We are gold status Marriott members so we were automatically upgraded to a deluxe king suite on the 4th floor. It was clean, comfortable and the soaking tub was amazing! Yes the trains are loud, but I grew up next to train tracks so it is a comforting sound to me. There are always noises that bother me, people talking in the hallways, outside noise, hvac and ice machines, that is the downside of staying in a hotel... which is why I went to an audiologist and got ear plugs molded for my ears so I can sleep in hotels. It is not something that the hotel should be blamed for, outside noise is out of their control. We had no issues with noise inside of the hotel. The live music in the restaurant was great and the fireplace in the lobby is cozy! There are many great restaurants nearby as well, we tried the Corner Kitchen and the food was fantastic. We will definitely be coming back to the Grand Bohemian.

1  Thank hesskr4
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

All occasions really! We are here for our 30th Anniversary. Although cold and rainy outside - we are very content....This is a retreat is located between the entrance to Biltmore Estate and Biltmore Village. The lobby fire is central and candles are aromatic. Original artwork is featured in the lobby and throughout the facility. A spa and fitness center are on the third floor. Our room is 5 star. Our TV is also a computer. Although new, the facility appears like the village area. We feel a sense of elevation, peace and comfort. The Bose custom CD playing when we entered our room was pleasing. The bath is BEST! Tub, separate shower behind glass and separate toilet behind glass. All construction, appointments and service is first class. This is our third trip here. Just gets better!!!!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Travelartgolf
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is very clean and staff is very friendly. The entire hotel had nice decor that seemed to go with the area (Biltmore Estate). The food was also very good but would also recommend Green Sage for breakfast too. If you like hotels with character and not the typical standard room, this is a perfect hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple