Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
hesskr4
“Gorgeous!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

What an amazing hotel with attentive and very friendly staff. We are gold status Marriott members so we were automatically upgraded to a deluxe king suite on the 4th floor. It was clean, comfortable and the soaking tub was amazing! Yes the trains are loud, but I grew up next to train tracks so it is a comforting sound to me. There are always noises that bother me, people talking in the hallways, outside noise, hvac and ice machines, that is the downside of staying in a hotel... which is why I went to an audiologist and got ear plugs molded for my ears so I can sleep in hotels. It is not something that the hotel should be blamed for, outside noise is out of their control. We had no issues with noise inside of the hotel. The live music in the restaurant was great and the fireplace in the lobby is cozy! There are many great restaurants nearby as well, we tried the Corner Kitchen and the food was fantastic. We will definitely be coming back to the Grand Bohemian.

1 Thank hesskr4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

All occasions really! We are here for our 30th Anniversary. Although cold and rainy outside - we are very content....This is a retreat is located between the entrance to Biltmore Estate and Biltmore Village. The lobby fire is central and candles are aromatic. Original artwork is featured in the lobby and throughout the facility. A spa and fitness center are on the third floor. Our room is 5 star. Our TV is also a computer. Although new, the facility appears like the village area. We feel a sense of elevation, peace and comfort. The Bose custom CD playing when we entered our room was pleasing. The bath is BEST! Tub, separate shower behind glass and separate toilet behind glass. All construction, appointments and service is first class. This is our third trip here. Just gets better!!!!

Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Travelartgolf
Union, Kentucky
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is very clean and staff is very friendly. The entire hotel had nice decor that seemed to go with the area (Biltmore Estate). The food was also very good but would also recommend Green Sage for breakfast too. If you like hotels with character and not the typical standard room, this is a perfect hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jhealy34
Greensboro NC
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The main property of the Grand Bohemian is what you would expect. But do you expect to be in a separate building, across a busy street, an outdoor walk that may take 3-4 minutes because of the traffic from the restaurant, bar, concierge, car park? The hotel should not put people in the annex without prior notice, but they do. This is just not the experience anyone expects when they splurge for what they assume is the main hotel. I think we would have liked the main hotel, possibly to the 5 star level. But the annex was such a disappointment. I would not reserve a room here unless I was assured it was in the main property.

Room Tip: Refuse the annex.
2 Thank cirrus763c
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
I’m very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our Manor House building location. We do inform all guests that our Manor House Building is located across the street from the main building and we price the Manor House guestrooms differently than our main building guestrooms as a another way to bring attention to the differences of the two buildings. In addition, we include the following guestroom description on our website so potential guests can be informed that our Manor House building is located next door and it includes some added value, as well.

Website Manor House Guestroom Description “Located directly across the street from the main building is the Manor House, containing 20 guestrooms comparable in size, layout and amenities to the main building’s standard guestrooms. Guests staying in the Manor House check in at the main building, and bell service escorts them to the Manor House. Valet service can deliver cars to the Manor House as desired. In addition to the standard amenities, guests of the Manor House enjoy complimentary morning coffee and afternoon wine and cheese served on the first floor every Friday and Saturday.”

Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope that you give us another opportunity to regain your trust on a future visit.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my third stay at the Bohemian. I keep thinking they will get it right the next time. You have to ask for turn down service! And my suite was never serviced during my two night stay. For the price you would think luxury. But think again. I'll never stay there again. Disaster

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
7 Thank rvisceglia
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your January stay. We greatly appreciate your repeat business but must admit that we are very disappointed to hear that your room was not serviced during your stay. I have reviewed your comments with our Director of Housekeeping and our records indicate that you had a Do Not Disturb sign on your door so, unfortunately, the Room Attendant did not clean your guestroom. Perhaps, there was some confusion with our DND sign, since one side of our previous sign indicated DND and the other side was Please Clean Room. Due to this confusion, we have recently replaced all of our DND signs in the month of March to help reduce any confusion for future guests. Our hotel provides evening turn down service upon request. We have added your turndown preference to your guest profile, so we can automatically extend this service to you on future visits. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Oxford, NC
Reviewed March 12, 2014

The Grand Bohemian is an excellent hotel with a very attentive, service-oriented staff. The rooms are nice sized with great amenities. The hotel is in the heart of Biltmore Village and within walking distance of many stores and restaurants. The restaurant and bar are wonderful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main hotel instead of the Manor House across the street.
Travelers Rest,SC
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband took me here for our anniversary. I loved the hotel everything from the music playing in the room to the beautiful fireplace in the lobby. This hotel is located just outside the gates of Biltmore and in the middle of Biltmore village. Within walking distance to great shops and dining. The staff was exceptional!

1 Thank m0m0fsix