Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cedar Crest Inn(Asheville)
1,455 results
All reviewshunting lodgethe red stagmanor housebiltmore villagemain buildingart gallerysoaking tubanimal headswater closetglass doorbath saltsdirectly across the streettrain trackscorner kitchenseparate showerhotel restaurantvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for my birthday this year. We typically have stayed at Grove Park Inn for our spa weekends, but the room rates were so much better at the Grand Bohemian, and we have stayed here several times in the past. We started this spa tradition several years ago, and even though we now live in Asheville, we have continued to do them.

We checked in about 4:00 pm on a Saturday afternoon and it was a very pleasant experience. We were each given a glass of champagne to sip during check-in. They had kindly upgraded us to a junior suite at no additional cost, so that was very nice. We followed the porter up to our room and got situated. The room was a corner room with a large living area, king bed and a unique bathroom. The bathroom had a large opening above the tub which was curtained off from the bedroom area so you could slide the curtain back and forth depending on your desired level of privacy. It had a lovely jetted bathtub and a nice marble separate shower room. We were on the Biltmore Estate side of the building and had a nice view.

At 5:00 pm we went down to the spa for a "Blue Water" treatment, sort of a combination of facial, massage and foot exfoliation. It was quite pleasant, but I think I'll leave the facial to my wife in future.

The next morning we went down to the Red Stag Grille for breakfast and we both had egg white omelets with all the vegetables. The omelets were great as was the service. Our server Eric was on point and very friendly.

Later that afternoon we had an 80 minute couples massage, which was outstanding. The only drawback is that if you are used to a legitimate spa experience, the GB doesn't fit the bill. The massage itself was great, but what they have done is turn a hotel room sized space into their spa. The waiting area is teeny-tiny and only two or three people can be there at once. There were eight people all in robes in a cramped space, and I don't know about you, but I don't necessarily want to be around strangers with only a little white robe between me and their goodies.

That night we had dinner in the Red Stag-see separate review and it was wonderful. I must give a shout-out to Genie, our server. She was outstanding. We had a wonderful experience and will certainly be back.

Room Tip: Try for a corner room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iamstoked22
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I went there with my husband on busines and found this lovely little jewel in Asheville's Biltmore Village neighborhood quite charming. From the stag chandeliers, massive lobby fireplace and equisite artwork that works its way into the decor you will be charmed and almost think you are at a hunting lodge someplace in Europe rather than the mountians of North Carolina. The room is adequately sized and the bathroom with its wood floor and wood paneled tub is nice and homey.It is a small hotel with only two elevators and the reception area is simply an ornate desk. Further quirkiness is that when you call room service you actually have to call that front desk and they will have room service call you back. It is prompt, though. So is the room service delivery. The hotel even has a very small spa and it was most enjoyable. There is a nice terrace on the roof and also a ballroom on the fourth floor for events.Very ornate. I quite enjoyed my stay there. The only flaw is that is located near a railroad and that might bother some people but on the plus it is located close to some charming old houses that have been turned into restaurants and boutiques that call art and crafts of all kind from local artists. I would stay there again and hope to in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Very nice. Had Christmas Day lunch there last two years. Last year had the four course in the dining room, good but, really enjoyed the year before eating at the bar off of regular menu. Either way you can,t go wrong with this place . Everything nice, from A to Z. Have not stayed there, only been to the restaurant . Wonderful lobby area with nice fireplace, great ambiance. Super place in very good location for shopping, Builtmore House and more.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This property is very nice. It would be great especially for couples. The only thing I did not like was the property does not have a concierge lounge for gold/platinum guest. They give you the option of a continental breakfast or 750 points, and $10 towards dinner of 500 points.
Each room is unique. The bathrooms are all like spas with the spa tubs and separate shower areas.
The spa and fitness center are on the 3rd floor in the main building.
Valet parking is mandatory and $18
The property is located right at the entrance for the Biltmore House.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

I just returned from my stay. Very upscale hotel, beautiful interiors including great music and art. There were staff touching up the paint when I was here which showed me they care to maintain their facilities.

My issues were the staff in the restaurant at dinner and at the front desk at check-out could have been more attentive. The rooms were close to clean, but not perfect, and at this level I expect perfect (no hair strands, no crumbs, etc.) I did find hair in the tub and shower, and some crumbs on the floor in the bedroom.

Also, I didn't realize I would be charged a room deposit of one night's stay. There was an error on the reservations website and Marriott is fixing this.

So I was still very impressed with this property (great apple cider in the evenings by the way), but when you get my expectations up with the good (high-tech entertainment console in the room, well equipped fitness center, amazing artwork, beautiful decor and spacious rooms) you have to follow-it ALL the way through.

I would return, but with a slight reservation on the cleanliness factor, and no desire to eat dinner at the restaurant (I might try breakfast, and a place in the Village called Corner Kitchen was very good).

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank atlhotelcritic
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your recent visit. We greatly appreciate the favorable comments about our hotel. Cleanliness and restaurant staff are typically two of our top performing areas so your comments will encourage us to show better consistency and continuous improvement on those areas that fell short. We are thankful that you will return to the Grand Bohemian Hotel and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the restaurant so we may extend our normal high level of service. If there is anything additional that we can do, please do not hesitate to let us know. We look forward to welcoming you back as a returning guest.