“Overall a very nice stay in the Biltmore area”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Lincolnshire, Illinois
“Overall a very nice stay in the Biltmore area”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The decor is quite unique and interesting and is striking as you pull up to the front door. There are 2 buildings and I stayed across the street from the main hotel. The attention to decor and detail was a nice change from the chain hotels and the employees very nice and helpful. Overall the hotel was very quiet however we were awoken by the clank of the ice machine across the hall on several occasions. Also beware there is a train the runs right behind the hotel. The location is great if you want to be close to the Biltmore Estate and it's only a short drive to downtown Asheville. Biltmore Village is a charming little area, but quite small.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room across from the ice machine or close to the RR trax
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This member of the Autograph Collection is staffed by true professionals with an eye for every detail. While I was having my car valet parked, I noticed. Bellman cleaning the glass doors to the entrance. After cleaning, he took a flashlight to see if any marks remained. Now that is attention to detail! Decor is very English hunt with a touch of funk. Husband is a hunter, so loved it. If your a PETA person, this is not for you. Very convenient to all parts of town. Can't say enough good things. $450 per night it should be this cool, and it is!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jewelryjunki
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great hotel, superb location, excellent customer service!!! Loved the décor, rooms are clean, comfortable and beautiful. Customer service was top notch. Liked their restaurant too. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. As close as you can get to the Biltmore Estate without being inside of it. Excellent choice, would go back in a heart beat. Just loved it that much!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay here if you love luxury and service and don't care that much for price tags. You may want...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lourdes B
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to book here due to some tripadvisor reviews, but I really enjoyed our stay here. The decor is definitely hunting lodge chic, and if that isn't up your alley, well I guess you should stay somewhere else. The art installments and busts in the hotel are beautiful and unique. Our room had a gorgeous full bloom orchid on the dining table and a spacious floor plan. The staff was so courteous throughout our stay, from making dinner reservations to offering shopping suggestions
downtown, I would highly recommend this hotel. We truly enjoyed the Asheville area, and the grand bohemian was a great place to crash at the end of the day.

• Stayed September 2013
N. Hollywood
Reviewed September 19, 2013

For my birthday, I wanted to go to the Biltmore Estate in Ashville. Looked up the hotels in the area and chose this hotel, because it reminded me of a chalet in the Alps and some beautiful English hunting lodges. I was NOT disappointed. The boutique hotel has some of the most gracious employees; from Susan who parked my car to Zeynep, the receptionist who literally gave my boyfriend and a wonderful main house corner room for my 1 night stay. Bill the bartender, Melissa the reservation person at the Red Stag Grill, Paul the waiter who served us , where we had a delicious dinner and the Bellmen who helped me try and locate my sunglasses; they should all be praised.
As for the room.... it was beautifully decorated and had all of the amenities one could ever want.
In all, I have to rate this as one of my favorite hotels.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building .The corner suites are most large and have wonderful light.
1 Thank clareco
Atlanta
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Had one night to stay in Asheville and was very glad I chose this hotel for my wife and myself. The hotel is a sight to behold. Loved hanging out in the lobby having a few drinks before heading out into Asheville and the Biltmore Village. The rooms are well appointed with separate shower with rainfall showerheads and huge tubs to relax in. Tv's were flat screens with actual HD channels(hate when they have hd tv's but no hd channels). It was a Saturday and they had a free Wine and Cheese reception in the lobby of our building(there are two buildings) Short walk to the Corner Kitchen which has the best food in the Biltmore village(get a reservation). Lots of sightseeing to do, and a $4-$5 cab ride to the middle of Asheville's restaurants, shopping, nightlife. Some people complained about hearing a train at 3-4 am, but we weren't on that side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train tracks if you are a light sleeper
Knoxville
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Asheville for our anniversary and chose this hotel because of the good reviews. I'm, as always, confused by some of the other reviews I've read. One of the other reviewers mentioned a $20 valet fee and to have cash handy. It's a $15 valet fee and its added to your bill. You don't need any cash handy unless you'd like to tip your valet when he or she brings you your car. Also, someone else mentioned not having a thermostat in their room. We had one in ours. Maybe they just couldn't find there's. We did not stay in the building across the street and apparently those rooms are a little cheaper. That is a very busy road at times and would not have liked having to cross the street with luggage in tow. I'm surprised there isn't a covered walkway structure between the buildings couple of floors up for guests to use. Anyway, I thought the hotel was beautifully decorated and enjoyed my surroundings. Complimentary champaign was sent to our room to celebrate our anniversary. Staff was friendly and very helpful. I thought it was rather overpriced, however, if this hotel was in another city I would probably stay again. I am not impressed with Asheville at all. It's a pretty place and I only visited Biltmore Village and downtown, but I was rather put off by the hippy culture and being hit up for money by a drug addict looking woman as we were leaving the Mast General Store. I can honestly say, I've never been on a weekend getaway where I didn't shop. We didn't buy anything other than meals. Nothing! The village has a few cute little shops. There is a Williams-Sonoma and a Chico. And, I seriously don't get the art gallery thing. I love art. I'm an oil painter. But, honestly, art galleries and their pretentious overpricing. Why not open a shop with affordable art?

• Stayed September 2013