“Great interesting hotel”

Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Kitchener, Canada
“Great interesting hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Was surprised by this hotel, the lobby was amazing , like being in a hunting lodge, very cool. We had dinner both evenings, Micheal was our waiter and he was the friendliest person ever, so interesting to talk to, and very knowledgable about the food and where it was sourced from. We liked him so much we requested to be sat in his section the following evening.
The Biltmore house was fantastic, the gardens were just stunning. We went over to Antler village and enjoyed a cold beer in Cedric's pub, very nice.
The only negative with the hotel is the traffic noise, constant EMS going through and fire trucks, so much activity for a small town. Also a train went through at 3am, horns blasting! Drove us crazy!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Upon entering this "autograph collection" hotel, I felt we had arrived in a hunting lodge nightmare. All those mounted heads! Ugh. Antlers on light fixtures everywhere. I can only hope they were not real.
This is a good location, and the room was large, but we will not return.

Room Tip: try to stay away from ice machine- very noisy
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

I recently stayed at Grand Bohemian and was disappointed. The lobby, restaurant and staff were very nice. However, there are archtectural restrictions in Biltmore Villlage where hotel is located. I was checked in and it was raining. I was told my room was across the street in the Manor House. I thought that was strange, but worse, I was not offered assistance with my luggage or an umbrella. There were brick steps leaving the main building and steps leading into Manor House. It took several minutes for the traffic light to change and the entire time it was raining. I don't know why I was put there, but will only return if I will be in "main" building.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Elizabeth G
Weaverville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

The hotel staff were friendly, efficient and professional. The décor of the common areas is rustic in an Old World fashion. Rooms are well appointed and spacious. Restaurant is on a par with the best in Asheville. The location is excellent for visiting both the Biltmore Estate and Biltmore Village. There are two units to the hotel. The main unit contains the lobby, bar, restaurant, meeting rooms and exercise facility. The second unit is just across the street and houses rooms. There is a small lobby, but is only staffed at specific times. We have stayed in both units. Rooms are exactly the same.

1 Thank Art H
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I really fell in love with this place. It was so pleasant to have a hotel chain design something with real ambiance! It was creative and fun! I loved the theme, all the art, the whole design, our room, the lobby, and the restaurant and bar. We went to the Biltmore (interesting, but too many people) and found this an ideal spot to stay. It was easy to zip into the Biltmore from the hotel.
My husband had broken a hearing aid and though we arrived around 3 p.m. on Friday, the hotel was so helpful in aiding us with this problem that we were actually able to locate and drive to a spot that fixed it for him. That made the rest of the vacation so much more pleasant than it might have been!
We had a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. I had elk (wonderful!) and my husband had the angus beef which he enjoyed. The drinks were good, and the service excellent. The next night we wanted something smaller and so enjoyed the bar menu.
I will look up other hotels in this chain.

Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Grand Bohemian Hotel is in the motif of a Hunting Lodge. The mixture of Old World Elegance and up-to-date convenience works perfectly. In our view this is the best hotel in Asheville, and that includes the Grove Park Inn and the Biltmore Inn. Superb service, wonderfully appointed rooms, great location (in Biltmore Village which is abounding in great shops. High tech wireless setup as part of the super sharp television. My wife and I could not be more pleased. The gallery has a number of quality offerings and the Red Stag Grill is great. Great food selection, professional and courteous service, wonderful view, and a marvel of taxidermy. Roomy bathroom with all the amenities one expects of a first-class hotel.

Room Tip: I don't thik there is a bad room.
2 Thank Robert W
sevierville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite hotels...
The charm and elegance of this autograph collection location is bountiful... If you want to experience a one of a kind stay in Asheville, no question, the Bohemian is your choice. I would book here every weekend if I could!

• Stayed June 2012