“Beautiful and one of a kind!”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #12 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Shelby, North Carolina
“Beautiful and one of a kind!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is like staying in an old hunting lodge but with so much style and class! The rooms are remarkable! Very roomy and romantic! The restaurant I give five stars! I love everything about this place! I can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: They found out it was our anniversary and put champagne in our room !!! We didn't even ask! T...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I loved this place! Great location, unique, and the rooms are just right. Comfortable and lux. The art and furnishings were well done and interesting. I stayed there by myself while on a cross country trip delivering a car to my son in Durham. Wished I could have stayed longer. I felt safe and relaxed despite driving long hours. I could walk around Asheville and the hotel safely. I stay in many nice places, yet this is one that definitely stands out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jjchris
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We can’t wait to welcome you back! Thank you for taking the time to share your favorable comments about your recent experience. The art and hotel furnishings are truly unique. If we can be of additional service on future trips to see your son in Durham, please do not hesitate to let us know. Best Regards!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Well appointed, very well kept, friendly staff and convenient. My wife and I have stayed several times and have not been disappointed. Love the decor and the overall theme of the place. The eclectic art on display is outstanding.

Connecticut
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Rooms are over-priced and service was uniformly poor in just about every department. We stayed for a long weekend and room was never cleaned before 2 or 3 pm at the earliest (one day at around 6 pm after I mentioned it to the front desk). You need at least an hour for breakfast, even if ordering something cold like yogurt & fruit! Chef was good but portions skimpy for what they charge. We didn't eat dinner there ("Red Stag") but there are a number of good selections within walking distance ("Corner Kitchen" in Biltmore Village outstanding and there is also great shopping around there).

Even changing a $20 bill at the front desk took 10 minutes. The fastest service was for the complimentary shoe shine -- only about 5 minutes. No wonder...the shoes weren't shined! Staff is mostly inadequate and seems not to like it much more than the guests.

There are so many great hotel choices in Asheville, and for every budget. Choose one of those and stay away from this place.

2 Thank 4SeasonsDad
Thank you for taking the time to provide comments about your recent experience. We are very sorry to hear about the service errors that occurred during your visit. We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of guest service and it sounds like we fell short of our goal during your visit. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate managers and I can assure you the necessary corrective measures will be taken. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you or normally high level of service. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville... We spent one night (a Sunday) on our way to Savannah GA. The hotel was nice and the location at the Biltmore Village was also nice. On Sunday the room rate was $179. We were going to book the same hotel on our way back the following Friday, but the same room had a rate of $399. While the hotel was nice, I really didn't think it was worth the extra $220.

Since we were merely staying one night on the return trip, we stayed at the Baymont Inn which is just up the hill from the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville. I'll comment separately on the Baymont.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We greatly appreciate the favorable feedback you shared on how nice our hotel is and your comments about our great location in Biltmore Village. I’m sorry to hear that you were unable to stay with us on Friday due to the higher room rates but please do check back with us in the future because our pricing changes based on city demand and other variables. We do hope you give us another opportunity to show you the entire Grand Bohemian Hotel experience. Thanks again for taking the time to share your comments.
Inman
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I decided to try the Grand Bohemian Hotel in Asheville NC for a weekend anniversary getaway. The hotel is situated just outside the entrance to the Biltmore Estate and inside of Biltmore Village. I have nothing but praise for the hotel property itself but the service reminded me of a 2 star express hotel. The check in desk was attended by the most unfriendly person I have ever encountered at any hotel before. She never smiled nor welcomed us to the hotel during our check-in process and she didn't offer us the complimentary champagne which was part of our package. We ate dinner the first night in the hotel's restaurant (Red Stag). The food was quite good but the wait was quite long and the service was average at best. Because we booked the bed and breakfast package, we also ate breakfast at the same hotel restaurant the first morning. We had to wait 30 minutes after we ordered our eggs and pancakes. When the food arrived, one of my pancakes was scorched on the bottom. I showed it to the waiter mentioning how disappointed I was so he apologized and offered to get me something else to eat but by this time I was half way thru my meal and we didn't care to wait another 30 minutes. There was never any other offer or apology from the restaurant manager. I guess because we paid for breakfast in our hotel package, it was just too bad for us that the food was sub par. I would suggest you eat breakfast elsewhere.

We normally stay at the Inn on Biltmore Estate when we visit Asheville and for the money, we'll choose it next time vs. this hotel property. I hope they are able to address their service issues because it is a beautiful property in a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christine M
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our “lovely hotel”. We greatly appreciate the favorable comments about our beautiful property and great location. I’m very sorry to hear about the disappointing service that you received during your visit. We pride ourselves in delivering a high level of guest service and it sounds like we fell short of our goal during your visit. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate managers and I can assure you the necessary corrective measures have already been taken. Thank you for your comment about how good the food is in Red Stag Grill. The hotel’s Executive Chef recently won the Best Dish of NC award for Fine Dining Category. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you or normally high level of service. If I can be of additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Nice Hotel in Asheville with a good bar and an excellent restaurant.
Clean spacious rooms, nice friendly staff, and all for about the same price
as other Asheville hotels. For convienence sake stay in the main building
not the annex across the street.

2 Thank Peter B