“Perfect Anniversary Experience”

Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I decided to spend our anniversary in Asheville so we splurged and chose the Grand Bohemian Hotel. One word: AMAZING. The staff were all extremely courteous, friendly, helpful, etc. When we told them we were celebrating they delivered a complimentary bottle of champagne to our room! The room was immaculately clean. The bed was super comfortable and the bathroom was spacious and luxurious. We stayed on the top floor and had no problem with nose from the street or hotel hallway.

Basically, we've been spoiled and ruined for all the more moderate hotels in our typical price range lol.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maggie P
There are newer reviews for Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The GBH in Asheville, NC is certainly a one-of-a-kind hotel. It is beyond your imagination in luxury, attention to detail and decor. Never seen anything like it.

We were attending a wedding, so did not savor the groceries. But the menu looked fabulous.

The room appointments were everything you'd expect from a top flight hotel. The service was impeccable. The common areas were a delight to the eye.

If you're headed to Asheville and have only on night to spend, the GBH is a delightful experience that you will not forget.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

After visiting the mansions in Newport, RI my husband and I wanted to visit Biltmore. We arrived on Thursday after visiting the Biltmore estate. We'd had a long day and we were treated by friendly staff, a quick check in and a BEAUTIFUL suite! The front desk directed us to a delicious Mexican restaurant for dinner. Upon our return our bed had been turned down, window shutters closed and lovely music was playing on the Bose. If you're going to go to the Biltmore you may as well stay in style and the Grand Bohemian will not disappoint!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed at this property for his birthday. We stayed for 2 nights, though I wish it could have been longer. The property is gorgeous and the pictures don't do it justice. I'll address a few points of interest:
Room:
We stayed in room 221 in the main building. The room itself was beautiful and the bathroom was terrific! I noted that many people had made negative references to the bathroom because it lacked a door. I didn't understand that because our room had wooden french doors that closed off the bathroom, as well as wooden doors that closed off the window looking into the tub area. Also, we were never bothered by traffic noise as some people mentioned. The room was very quiet and peaceful despite being surrounded by streets.

Staff:
We were greeted warmly upon check-in and given a glass of champagne as we were taken to our room. The front desk clerk, bellman and valet attendants were all extremely welcoming and helpful. I had called ahead and requested that chocolate covered strawberries be placed in our room upon arrival and they were delivered promptly after we checked in along with a complimentary bottle of champagne for my fiances birthday. Also, the valet staff were terrific. Any time we needed our vehicle, they retrieved it very quickly.

Spa:
We had a couples massage at the hotel spa and LOVED it. The spa is very small, but the service was wonderful and the massage was perfect. Very well priced as also.

Restaurant:
We dined at the Red Stag the first night we were there and had the Chef's Tasting. It consisted of 4 courses each paired with a wine. Though our server was a little lacking in personality, the overall experience was great. We really enjoyed the food. Prices are a little higher than your average restaurant, but we didn't want an "average" dinner, so we were pleased. We also ordered room service for breakfast the next morning and really enjoyed it!

Location:
Location was PERFECT. Directly across the street from the entry gate of Biltmore and within walking distance of all the Biltmore Village shops, etc.

Overall, we were thrilled with our choice to stay at the Grand Bohemian and will definitely stay there again when in the area. Thank you for making it such a special birthday weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms within the main building are more convenient, so be sure to request one when making a reservat...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Crystalpalmetto
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times a year for the past few years. We have season passes to the Biltmore and love to come down to the mountains to see the Biltmore and surrounding area. The Grand Bohemian is our favorite place to stay. They really treat you special and since it is right outside the gate of the Biltmore it is very convenient. My wife enjoyed a spa treatment, their valet parking is convenient, and they treat everyone like honored guests. Check-in is more like dealing with a concierge than a traditional impersonal front desk. Their restaurant (the Red Stag) is a perfect place to celebrate any special occasion. The quaint village in the blocks around the hotel have a number of neat little shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jotum
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I rated this hotel as average only by my experience with staff. I will start off by saying that I have never stayed at the Grand Bohemian myself, but my brothers and I arranged a 40th anniversary weekend for my parents that never do anything for themselves.

We arranged an overnight stay at the Grand Bohemian this weekend. I called ahead and spoke with staff about arranging some extras for their room. The man I spoke with was very nice and said he would send me an email with amenities that I could choose from to place in their room. I also asked about purchasing a gift card that could be used towards the GB restaurant for breakfast the next morning and he said he would also send me that information. I never received an email from him. I called again the next day and spoke with someone else and she was helpful and sent me all the info in a timely manner. I filled all the information out and emailed it back to her. I called her back to verify that she had received it and she stated she had and assured me that she would have the gift card waiting for my parents when they checked in.

Just spoke with my parents, they never received anything!! They checked out this morning and ate somewhere cheap for breakfast on the ride back home!!! I was so disappointed!!!
I will say they enjoyed their stay and thought it was a beautiful hotel. They said their room was very nice.

I just called the hotel and they had already charged my card for the gift card that my parents didn't receive. They were unsure why this happened. She stated that she would leave a message for her boss to credit my card tomorrow. So we'll see... Just had high hopes that this would work out for my parents' special weekend. With this hotel being so upscale, I felt they probably do this type thing frequently and I had no doubt they would follow through with what I had requested. So disappointed with my experience with staff.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great hotel, I read many reviews before booking with the Grand Bohemian. We knew ahead of time that our room would be in the annex building so it was not surprise that we had to cross the street to get to our room. Our room was great. It was clean and the bed to die for, we had the best night sleep. (We knew about the trains ahead of time so we brought our white noise maker with us). We love the big tub that we both could get it to. The fitness room was small but have everything I needed to get a good light workout. We only ate at the hotel once for breakfast and it cost 50.00 for two. Asheville has too many great restaurants for the hotel to charge that much for breakfast. There is a very nice restaurant you can see from the hotel called Wayside (great food, great local beer). Next time we are in Asheville we would stay at the Grand Bohemian.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple