Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cedar Crest Inn(Asheville)
Average 3/5
1,457 results
All reviewshunting lodgethe red stagmanor housebiltmore villagemain buildingart gallerysoaking tubanimal headswater closetglass doorbath saltsdirectly across the streettrain trackscorner kitchenseparate showerhotel restaurantvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Great hotel, I read many reviews before booking with the Grand Bohemian. We knew ahead of time that our room would be in the annex building so it was not surprise that we had to cross the street to get to our room. Our room was great. It was clean and the bed to die for, we had the best night sleep. (We knew about the trains ahead of time so we brought our white noise maker with us). We love the big tub that we both could get it to. The fitness room was small but have everything I needed to get a good light workout. We only ate at the hotel once for breakfast and it cost 50.00 for two. Asheville has too many great restaurants for the hotel to charge that much for breakfast. There is a very nice restaurant you can see from the hotel called Wayside (great food, great local beer). Next time we are in Asheville we would stay at the Grand Bohemian.

4  Thank Robert C
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hands down the best in ambience of any hotel we've ever stayed in, abroad in or in the states. The decor is very unique and superb, the staff friendly and the restaurant outstanding as well. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. You won't be disappointed. The only drawback is if you're placed in the "manor house" as it is across the street -- not that big a deal and well worth the extra steps to stay in this magnificant hotel. I cannot say enough about the Grand Bohemian. The only negative is it's location, it's really not within walking distance to anything. ... drive into downtown Asheville for breakfast at the Tupelo Honey Cafe, excellent!!

2  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great hotel!!! We stayed at the Bohemian in Savannah, liked it so much changed out existing reservations in Asheville to the Bohemian. Great decision!! The hotel feels like an elegant winter hunting lodge. Great staff, beautiful and comfortable rooms, every thing you'd want. Very nice!!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Grand Bohemian is an exquisite hotel with an upscale Colorado lodge feel. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The lodge theme flows into the room which are enormous and elegant. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. Beautiful artwork surrounds the hotel walls and into the rooms, which are for sale, if one would like to buy. The gym is equipped with excellent treadmills and ellipticals ; free weights are available, too. I do agree with the other reviews that the hotel is on a busy street and you can hear the traffic. Great location in the village and lots of great restaurants to walk to!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Grand Bohemian Hotel is simply that, GRAND. The art, the music, the decor, the lounge, the entry...everything is tastefully elegant and delightfully rich, but I found it beneath me to have to look at price tags on everything in the indivuidual room. We have all grown accustomed to the tag on the water bottle or the snacks that appear complimentary, but of course are not. But, to my dismay, it was truly difficult to enjoy the room with a tag of $5 on the water bottles, $27 on the wine, $15 on the cassette of the Bose music, $25 on the bath salts, $20 on the bubble bath, etc. It was just too "gimme gimme" in my opinion. Did I spend the money for some of it, yes. The dollar amount is not my point at all; it is that the price tags cheapen the atmosphere that someone has gone to great trouble to create.
Also, I love spas, facials, massages, etc. I frequent a spa almost every trip, but your little sign on the magnifying mirror is insulting. "Mirror, mirror on the wall...push the spa button on your phone..." Really?! Put anyone's face on that magnification and a facial will be needed!
Is the place gorgeous, even opulent? By all means. Comfortable, yes. I loved the huge, soaking bath and the separate shower behind a glass door. I was somewhat bothered though by the completely see-thru glass door on the toilet...guess I like privacy for private moments. I have been married forever, but I kept envisioning how some others might view this room with a curtained wall and a glass toilet door. Hmmm...luxurious, but not for everyone.

1  Thank IndianaWander