Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
$79
Country Inn
$106
$103
Clarion Inn Biltmore Village(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$74
ClarionHotels
$113
$107
Aloft Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$167
$159
  • Pool
Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$162
$153
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
The Residences at Biltmore(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$109
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$277
$219
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
$299
1,457 results
All reviewshunting lodgethe red stagmanor housebiltmore villagemain buildingart gallerysoaking tubanimal headswater closetglass doorbath saltsdirectly across the streettrain trackscorner kitchenseparate showerhotel restaurantvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Aptly named, this Marriott property is like one of most unusual I've ever experienced. We stayed in the "Manor House" directly across the street from the main hotel. The decor was certainly eclectic yet done well. The room itself was fine but the bathroom had odd "curtains" between the main bedroom and the bathroom itself......very strange and not the best choice. One main problem was the pillows - very hard. And when I got a replacement, it was softer but also quite hard. I voiced my concern to the front desk. Asheville is, if anything, Bohemian. This hotel gives its best try at being just that but I think misses the mark due to its very upscale and pricey tone.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback regarding your recent visit to Asheville. The boutique Grand Bohemian Hotel is an eclectic, yet luxurious hotel. As you allude to, our hotel is certainly not a cookie cutter experience. You may want to experience one of other Kessler Collection properties. Conde Nast Traveler announced their 2012 Reader's Choice Awards in October and six Kessler Collection hotels were included. Grand Bohemian Asheville ranked No. 22 in the Top 40 Hotels in the South.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife & I spent 2 fantastic nites over the weekend (Sat.-Sun.) in the main building, 3rd floor. We absolutely loved the decor and the professionalism of the hotel staff....they were great!!! We were in Ashville to visit the Biltmore House and the location of this hotel in the Biltmore Village right outside the Biltmore gates is just great. We were able to walk in the evenings and take in all the shops in the village, dine at Corner Kitchen and Rezaz's and make a short drive up Hendersonville Hyw. to Tupelo Honey Southside for brunch. We loved all three of these dining experiences....excellent!!! A tip.....don't think us cheap, but we opted to walk across the street to McDonalds and Hardees for coffee and a biscuit each morning -vs- dining in the hotel restaurant....saving $$$ to spend elsewhere, which we did (wine and souvenirs). We loved the lobby, the room, the big King size bed, art gallery and sitting around the fire place sipping hot apple cider each evening upon our return to the hotel. The only reason I am not giving the Grand Bohemian a 5 star rating is this.....the bottled water offered in the room was $5 a bottle, the bottle of wine was $29 and the bubble bath and bath salts were like, $35 dollars. Here's a novel idea, why not purchase wine from Biltmore Winery for $9-10 a bottle (sure you could get it for even less), offer a bottle for free in the rooms because I'm sure there is a large percentage of your clientele staying there because of the Biltmore House to begin with.....the Biltmore is the draw for you guys and you guys buy their wine.....a "win-win" for both of you and a win for us,......the customers??? Anyway.....just thought it to be a little petty to pay as much as we did for the rooms and then be charged extra for water, wine and bubble bath. Overall.....a very good stay!!!!

Room Tip: Main building is nice...don't have to cross the street for fireplace, etc.. Spa was booked entire weekend, we didn't "book" spa ahead of time. Valet parking was nice also.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. Thank you for commenting on our décor and professional hotel staff. We pride ourselves on delivering an excellent guest experience. The hotel’s lobby fireplace and art gallery are two signature features of our boutique hotel. In regards to your comments about items for sale in the room, we do provide complimentary samples of our bubble bath and bath salts to test before committing to purchasing the larger in-room bottles. I have shared your Biltmore wine comment with our F&B Director for future considering. Thanks again for the suggestion. By the way, I noticed your cycling photo and can’t help but comment. Asheville is the perfect location for mountain biking and road cycling. We hope to welcome you back to the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville again soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend in Asheville for my Birthday in Jan 2013 and I picked this hotel because I like the way it looked on the pictures and the description of it on the website. When we got there I was very pleased. The decor looked very "lodge" like and of course the artwork on the walls, available for purchase, was beautiful. The rooms were very nice and the beds were comfy. We have an in-room jet-tub and a walk-in shower.The TV had some problems with local channels and the in-room entertainment controller made lots of whooshing noises but it was soft enough not to be a problem. The internet seemed decent enough for us to watch streaming video. We did not eat at the restaurant that is in the hotel (Red Stag Steakhouse) but I say that it was very busy and full even in January. The parking is valet only and $15 dollars a day. This hotel is conveniently located in the Biltmore Village which has very nice shops and restaurants. It is also very close to The Biltmore Estates and not far from down town. It is also not far of the exit from interstate 40. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments and highly recommending our hotel. We greatly appreciate the endorsement and hope to welcome you back to the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville soon!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel a couple of months ago, and got the corner room in the main building. Everything about the experience was outstanding. The staff was friendly and helpful, the fireplace was perfect, and I love the art gallery downstairs. Being in Biltmore Village is very convenient, and of course access to the Biltmore Estate is perfect. We look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: The corner room overlooking the main street is large and very pleasant.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelin M

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent visit. Warm and cozy are excellent adjectives that describe our hotel. We look forward to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I purchased a weekend package at the Grand Bohemian from luxurylink. The hotel is unique and gorgeous. The decor has a ladies who hunt and like sparkles vibe (which I was strangely drawn to). The lobby and bar were comfy, we found the staff friendly and accommodating and the location to the Biltmore is unbeatable.

We were quite happy with the hotel, but I would like to throw out a few disclaimers so no one is surprised when they get there...number one, if you stay in the Manor House where the rooms are cheaper, then you do have to exit the main hotel and cross a busy street, we had no problem with this to save 20 bucks a night. The second heads up is that the bathroom is only separated from the bedroom by a curtain. There is a glass doored room for the toilet, but the quarters could be considered a bit intimate.

2  Thank LesLeMa

Thank you for sharing your comments with others on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your favorable comments about our friendly staff, décor and ideal location to Biltmore. We hope to see you return to the Grand Bohemian Hotel on your next trip to Asheville.