1,519 results
All reviewshunting lodgethe red stagmanor housebiltmore villagemain buildingart gallerysoaking tubanimal headswater closetglass doorbath saltsmarriott pointsdirectly across the streettrain tracksseparate showervalet staffhotel restaurant
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We arrived 2-17-12 for my wife’s birthday. The reviews were really good but not like what I read. First off they say they greet all guest with a glass a champagne when you check in. Well I didi see the glasses behind the desk when I checked in but the host never even offered us a glass not even said welcome. She said how can I help you. We stayed in a suite which by the way only have four so I was told. The suite was ok but lacked out lets for cell phone charging, laptop use. The bathroom was nice and the over sized tub was the best part. Housekeeping lacked the essentials like stocking us up with shampoo and towels every day. We ordered a $50.00 of champagne our first night and when room service delivered it he said we should get a free bottle on special occasions like my wife’s birthday. He said he would return with another bottle. Never came back. The next morning I received a card under the door to my wife ready happy birthday. It was a free desert at the restaurant. Big whoop! Anyway i travel all over the world and stay in some of the finest five star hotels. Guys it’s the little things that make the biggest difference. For the city Ashville it may be one of the finest hotels but you have a long way to go to impress me. We even went over to visit the Inn and man its not what everyone makes it out to be. Mr Biltmore would have been disappointed. So don’t go with high expectations, you will be sorry. On a good note the décor is impressive and food was fairly good. The service over all needs to be improved. Not all of us are hill Billy’s.

Room Tip: The suite had allot of road noise and the Train came by every four to five hours.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smitty5508
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2012

Thank you for sharing a review of your recent stay. We apologize for the issues you experienced while stay with us. We do hope your wife enjoyed celebrating her birthday in Asheville.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stay here every week when I travel for business. While the accomadations are first class, the bartender is outstanding; Mike Whetsell takes a personal interest in everybody at the bar and goes out of his way to make everyone feel as if they are important and a friend. He is first and foremost a people person, essential for any bartender. I schedule my travel around his shifts, he is that good! I know he works Wednesday and Thursday, which is usually when I stay. Get to know him and you will know what first class service truly is about!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2012

We are delighted we were able to welcome you as a returning guest to The Grand Bohemian Hotel. We appreciate the compliments to our team and look forward to the opportunity to serve you on your next visit.

Guest Experience Specialist

Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is an eclectic mix of modern and old style lodge. They have fabulous art throughout, a great bar and restaurant. Valet parking, and right in town for strolling shops etc...no need for your car at night.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville. We are pleased you enjoyed the hotel’s ambiance, amenities and location. We hope to welcome you when your travels bring you back to Asheville.

Guest Experience Specialist

Reviewed February 8, 2012

We have been to Asheville many times. This trip we lucked into a great "off-season" rate at the Bohemian. Location is fabulous, within walking distance to upscale shopping and several restaurants (our favorite, Corner Kitchen), across the street from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate, and a easy ten minute drive to Downtown (Orange Peel, Mellow Mushroom, Carmel's, Civic Center, etc.)
This hotel is one of the most unique hotels I have ever stayed, I really thought I was tucked in Germany or Austria. Lots of art, velvet window treatments, antler and twig light fixtures, superb bedding total comfort, cowhide elevators, huge ornate mirrors, beautiful tile work....really the unique detail in this hotel is unsurpassed. Take time to hang out in the lobby next to the beautiful fireplace.
Valet parking very attentive. Room TV was out of order, engineering came immediately. Room service breakfast prompt and wonderful (eggs, bacon, toast and WONDERFUL grits), Starbucks "in room" coffee, great touch. If I had one complaint it would be room lighting, very dim and the switches did not seem to match the lamps, I flipped on all the switches and some of the lamps STILL did not work.
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Travelmom29
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2012

We are delighted that during your most recent trip to North Carolina you enjoyed visiting the Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville,"one of the most unique hotels" you've stayed in. We are pleased you enjoyed our hotel decor, ambiance and amenities during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Everyone at the Grand Bohemian made our 20th anniversary weekend special. We were upgraded to a larger room with a wet bar and Katie arranged for a bottle of champagne on the house to toast our special occasion! The breakfast was delicious and made fresh to order. The location, beautiful furnishings and the staff made our weekend one we will always remember.

Room Tip: 4th floor on opposite side of train tracks, no train noise at all
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 783traveler

We are thrilled our team at The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville helped make your 20th anniversary weekend a special time and "one you will always remember". We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back on a future trip.