“Small but Good Beer”

French Broad River Brewery
Ranked #77 of 194 things to do in Asheville
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Small brewery, and small seating area, but the beer was good and their Rye IPA bombers went home with us. Had a music at night, although we visited in the afternoon.

There are newer reviews for French Broad River Brewery

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went here on a recent business trip through Asheville. My colleagues and I had a tasting and spent some time talking to the staff. The beers were good and the staff was very friendly. The only thing lacking here is the tasting room area. It is very crowded at times. If this area were bigger, it would have been a great place to just hang out, but otherwise a good place to grab some good beer.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Great craft beer at fair prices, I like the IPA, Rye Hopper, and Barley Wine best. The other styles are also tasty. I have been a frequent customer at this brewery for several years. No better place on an early Friday afternoon. Flights are available!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The tasting room and outdoor area needs a very serious upgrade if they are going to compete with the other breweries for your tasting dollars. It's really just that simple. I am confident they'll get there over time but for now and at minimum the least they can do is clean up the outside area. It is not very appealing. Having a food truck onsite would be a good idea too!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I just love this place. While I can't say the beers here are my favorite, they are very, very good. Their Barley Wine is one of the best around, actually; but what keeps me coming back, week after week, is the atmosphere.

Aerial is the best bartender alive, pints down. My husband and I both adore her, and while that's a big part of it, there's more to it than that. It's the atmosphere in general, I suppose. I feel like I am among family, even though I don't always talk to the other customers. It's like being in Minnesota ice fishing, minus the ice and the polka music. I keep thinking I'm on the set of "Grumpy Old Men."

Your visit to Asheville would not be complete without a visit to French Broad. They are open daily from 1 pm until 8 pm, with lots of great restaurants within either walking distance or a few blocks' drive to Biltmore Village. French Broad Brewery is a classic, one you will want to read over and over again!