“Great lunch Buffet for a great price”
Review of Kathmandu Kitchen

Kathmandu Kitchen
Ranked #186 of 800 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed April 15, 2014

How do you do it? Great Value and great food. The servers are very smily too, just like the rest of ASHEVILLE

There are newer reviews for Kathmandu Kitchen

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I have eaten here several times now and it is officially my favorite! I am a big fan. I have not tried the buffet, but the entrees are always terrific. I would come to Asheville just to eat here. Yum.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a small restaurant with a most attractive atmosphere. Quiet and easy to converse with people, very relaxing experience. The service was good and all our four meals were excellent. We each ordered something different. Plan to go back soon and try a new dish as there was a good selection.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Probably should have ordered off of the menu. Food was not as tasty as we are accustomed to in Indian restaurants. Not a fancy place. Service was OK. Probably will return for dinner since this place is so highly rated, so I may modify this review.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

First let me say we enjoyed the meal very much. And our server was great. The only issue I had was that they seemed a little confused. For example, somehow our dinner order was delayed. Not sure why, but they apologized and gave us free garlic bread. Then a sever came by with food, it didn't look like what we ordered, so then he went to another table, seemed like he wasn't sure who was supposed to get meal. I saw him do this twice, so I am not sure if it was the server or just poor management.

Since I wasn't in a hurry, it really didn't matter all that much, but had I been expecting to eat sooner, to get to a show or an event, it might have been a problem. Food was great, and then we got the bill. My sister sent me a gift certificate for this place. Anyway, when we got the bill, they charged us an extra $8 dollars, $4 each for ordering lamb. It was a Groupon and they said it was stated that if you ordered lamb and other things, like chicken or seafood or beef it would be an additional cost. They already took coupon so I couldn't check what it said, but I didn't doubt them. So my sister, spent $17 to get $30 worth of food, with the additional $8 it came to $25 for $30, not much of a deal in my book. I have purchased Groupons before for meals and usually any restrictions were that they couldn't be used lets say Friday or Saturday night, this is first one that said anything about what you could order. And I frankly don't get their thinking. The lamb meals were $4-5 dollars more anyway, so it didn't make sense to me anyway. The server was able to get one of the surcharges taken away so it was $21 for $30 worth of food. So not much of a deal if you liked something other than vegetarian. Other than that, I would go back, the service was great and the food very good. My wife did ask about the owner and they said she wasn't there and on a busy Saturday night, maybe that is why things seemed a little confusing.

1  Thank plaintruthAsheville