“Some of the best Indian I've ever had!”
Review of Kathmandu Cafe

Kathmandu Cafe
Ranked #188 of 780 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Tibetan
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
New York City, New York
“Some of the best Indian I've ever had!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I'm from NYC and this is some of the best. The sag paneer was truly some of the freshest, most tasty! Everything tasted really fresh. A great value too, and lovely, upscale atmosphere! Service was a little slow, but still good, and friendly. I went for dinner, and looking forward to going back for their $8 and change lunch buffet!

Westminster, Maryland
“Really fun dinner”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were in Asheville for one night and needed someplace to have dinner. The décor and smell took my husband to their door in the afternoon to look at the menu. We returned for dinner, where even though it was a few minutes before 5:30, Helen let us in and seated us. She explained in great detail all of the dishes we had questions about and answered all of my 8 year old daughter's questions patiently and thoroughly. My kids loved their dinner (dumplings, naan and mango lassies) and we thoroughly enjoyed ours. My chai tea was very good, not the syrupy sweet stuff that you get at starbucks or dunkin donuts. The food was so good, we wished we had room for dessert but we did not. We put this place on our Asheville to-do list.

1 Thank 385BethT
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Although this restaurant fell under an "Indian" food category, the sign outside this restaurant indicated "Himalayan" food so we hesitant as to what type of food it was. The interior was exceptionally well decorated and we were warmly greeted. We ended up having most enjoyable Indian/Himalayan food imaginable. The food was very tasty but not spicy, just perfectly prepared. We are fans of lamb and ordered primarily lamb dishes. I highly recommend this restaurant, Certainly one of the best Indian type restaurants I have dined in.

2 Thank lanceman2010
Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food, lovely venue”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The decor is calm and inviting. The food is really interesting - and very good. I found the meal I ordered too spicy, but my husband really liked it. He ordered the momos and I was able to eat those with no problem - they were not overly spicy and very tasty.
If you like trying different food and are an adventurous eater, you will like this restaurant.

Aiken, South Carolina
“Oh so yummy!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been trying to get in for awhile. Doors open at 5:30. Great Indian jazz being played now, as I sit and sip a glass of Chardonnay and wait, happily, for the two specials tonight. One is a local shitake mushroom tandoori and the other, spinach momo. Spices and smells from the kitchen are enticing. Oh, the shitake mushrooms are fabulous. And the spinach momos. Can't wait to come for lunch buffet!