“Excellent find in this crazy city.”
Review of Kathmandu Cafe

Kathmandu Cafe
Ranked #180 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali, Tibetan
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
NJ-USA
“Excellent find in this crazy city.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

For a town that is proud of its weirdness, this is a great little place near the center of town. Himalayan and Indian cuisine. Traveling with a group of people, half made a funny face when we arrived and decided on pizza, the other half (my half) couldn't wait to get in. The pizza crowd doesn't know what it missed. I can't recall the names of the items we had, BUT it was all fantastic. The next time we are in town this will be our first destination.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank ChrisR11

“Amazing!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was visiting Asheville for the first time and saw this himalaya cuisine restaurant.I really liked the food and atmosphere over there.Its really cool!!I had the lamb dish and it was just amazing.I would say that they really need to work on service.My waitress looks nice but not professional!!!!I will definitely b back.

• Visited June 2013
Kathmandu
“We loved this Nepali restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food was fresh and delicious. I think I had the best veggie korma and naan bread. We went there for buffet lunch and for a la carte dinner. Excellent both!

Visited June 2013
Mebane, North Carolina
“Wonderful”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I loved this place! The food was amazing, and cost 12-16 per meal. Every thing we ate was great, especially the lamb dishes and naan.

• Visited May 2013
Asheville
“Will be back”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The dishes we had were all very tasty and spiced just right.
We tried several plates and passed them around our table of four.
We had a salmon and a lamb dish, cooked clay pot style, a curried chicken and an eggplant dish. All were excellent. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is I felt the service was slower then it should have been. Prices were reasonable on both the food and the wine we ordered. All in all a very good experience and will be back again.

Visited May 2013