“Best Nepalese Food in America”
Review of Kathmandu Kitchen

Kathmandu Kitchen
Ranked #195 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed April 9, 2013

It's difficult to find authentic Nepalese food anywhere in the country, that uses authentic spices brought in from Nepal. This is the place! Lunch buffet or order off the menu. All their dishes are excellent, and great value for the buck.

1  Thank Rinchen-Mitch

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Wow, This place gets busy as soon as the sun goes down. It smells amazing when you walk in and the food was great too. I had the veggie Thaili and loved it. I will be back again. Would like to try the lunch buffet.

1  Thank laura h
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What I had ordered was pretty tasty. The Cafe was not busy but we ended up having to wait for a table/waitress to seat us.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I don't remember the food in Kathmandu, but if this is it I would recommend it. Reminiscent of Indian cuisine, but different twists. We started with a delicious mixed appetizer plate, the Momo was m favorite. The entrees had good vegetable dishes and meat curries. I like it spicey. I don't know why I hadn't found this place sooner. I'll go again soon.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This is an interesting eatery. When we noticed the signage for Himalayan cuisine, we thought is would be interesting to try the food of Bhutan, Sikkim, and Nepal. The server, Christine, was very attentive and pleasant, and we felt as if the food was not only fascinating to try, but delectable. We recommend the seafood sampler, along with the naan bread. The owners of the restaurant also own a Himalayan import shop, just blocks away.

1  Thank The_Albinsons