“Amazing!”
Review of Kathmandu Kitchen

Kathmandu Kitchen
Ranked #201 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed May 20, 2012

This is one of the best and most authentic Indian restaurants I have eaten in anywhere. The lamb is flavorful without being overpowered by curries. In fact, the spices are subtle without being tasteless. We were here for dinner at my friend's special request; and he was right about waiting and coming here. Every course was better than the one before, and we ended the meal with their mango ice cream that is made onsite. It was hard to tell where the cream ended and the mango began. It was simply superb. This is an Asheville restaurant not to be missed.

2  Thank MonaOrangeCountyCA

Reviewed May 9, 2012

It was my fist time at Kathmandu, went there for lunch buffet and it was just amazing. I liked all the dishes they had and my favorite was the dessert "Gulab Jamun". Going back for more for sure if I am in town again

1  Thank MonBurke
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This restaurant is actually getting better & better since it opened. Asheville has several good to excellent Indian restaurants so we were very happy to discover that this one was so good. We have been to India & Nepal many times over the years so I'd say our standards are on the picky side. We can definitely recommend this place and the decor is lovely in it's simplicity. A warm, inviting restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I drove 20 miles from Hendersonville because I was in the mood for Indian and I was not disappointed!

Plenty of choices of quality dishes and a delectable mango lassi to boot.

Decor is a bit blasé, but as soon as the food arrives you could care less.

Definitely stop by if you're in the mood for Indian and within 20 minutes!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Four friends went on a Sunday night after touring Biltmore House for the day. It was not crowded and the service was excellent. I tried 4 different dishes and and vegeterian appetizer sampler. All were excellent. My favorite was a vegeterian dish with potatoes and cauliflower. It was spicy with just the right amount of heat. Other itmes we tried included lamb, chicken and shrimp entrees, tandori bread and chi tea. Dishes can be made hot or mild, depending on your taste. The smell of spices is appetizing when you walk in the door. Himalayan seems the same as good Indian food that is prepared to order, so if you like that, then you should enjoy this place.

1  Thank micarooni