“Absolutely Delicious -- and Cheap!”
Review of Kathmandu Kitchen

Kathmandu Kitchen
Ranked #210 of 818 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed June 7, 2011

Even the buffet was vegan-friendly, so unusual I had to partake. I loved everything I put on my plate and went back for more. Flavors from delicate to robust and spicy kept our palates happy throughout this meal. The table service was excellent even though we ate off the buffet. If I lived in Asheville, I would be a regular.

The standard American diet crowd may not appreciate this place; I'd like to bring one of them there to find out.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

Our group of 5 had a delicious lunch from the good sized lunch buffet bar. We had many choices for vegetarian and vegan diners. The food was quite good and fresh, with a nice spice blend. The staff was friendly and accommodated any special requests. We will eat here again.

Reviewed December 28, 2010

What a find. This was a snap decision place to eat that we loved. The general type of food is Indian but with specialties from Nepal and Tibet. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and the atmosphere inviting. If I'm ever back in Asheville, I'm making a beeline back.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

They have good food and a good selection of vegetarian and gluten free choices. Have had the lunch buffet a few times. The owner and wait staff are very polite.

Reviewed November 14, 2010

We have had their lunch buffet several times and last night we enjoyed a wonderful dinner! Four of us arrived with no reservations on a Saturday night. Although all tables were full, we only waited about 5 minutes for our table. We ordered the Assorted Mansahari appetizer, one of us had the Tikka Masala, I had the Jhinga Masala and I don't know what the other two entree's were. Funny thing is, the guys got their entree's mixed up but the food was so good they never traded!

The Basmati rice is THE best, everything was spiced absolutely perfectly and the sauce was creamy with just the right amount of heat.

Go there if you want authentic Nepalese, Tibeten, Indian food served by friendly, knowledgeable staff in a relaxed atmosphere. .Ask for Tok, he will take good care of you!