“Great Atmosphere, a bit pricey”
Review of Shoji Spa & Lodge

Shoji Spa & Lodge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Asheville's only private outdoor hot tub spa. A Japanese style hot tub retreat nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and overlooking the Blue Ridge Parkway yet only 8 minutes east of downtown Asheville. Experience breathtaking views, the cedar sauna and invigorating cold plunge, luxury showers with Japanese shampoo, conditioner & body products. We supply everything you need including your robe, sandals, and towels. We offer private outdoor hot tubs, massages, yoga, spa packages, seasonal specials and even overnight lodging. Refresh your body and renew your spirit at Shoji's earthy sanctuary.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have used the retreat for both hot tubs and massages. While both are very nice, especially when the area has one of the few snows.

But for a the area both are bit pricey.

1  Thank ARP313
in 28 reviews
in 22 reviews
in 6 reviews

Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was our first time at a spa anywhere, and I find it hard to believe any other spas will compare to this. We were fortunate and had beautiful weather, so our time in the private hot tub surrounded by the outdoors was especially relaxing. I loved how quiet, serene, and secluded it was; when in your private hot tub room, you feel like you must be the only ones there. Also while in the hot tub, we saw quite a few TINY blue lizards running around the rooftop and sides of the lodge. They were super cute and fun to watch! After that, we did a 50 minute massage plus the 15 minute foot massage. Our massage therapists were friendly and experienced, but the best part for me was the aromatherapy oils and sprays. We left from our afternoon visit at Shoji feeling rejuvenated and deeply relaxed. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank cwhittaker1
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was driving from Chicago to South Carolina and had a one night stop in Asheville, NC. I came to the Shoji spa after a day of driving. How wonderful. Had a sauna, cold dip. Then onto a massage. This place is beautiful, relaxing, clean. Staff was so friendly and welcoming. It is a little confusing to locate - but well worth the effort. I was so glad I treated myself to this experience. I would come back here any time I was near Asheville again. The whole place smells beautiful, the landscaping and buildings make you feel like you are on another planet.

1  Thank epomes
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I recently helped host a bachelorette weekend at Shoji Retreats. We rented the entire lodge. We were looking for a more relaxing weekend, and Shoji Retreats delivered. The lodge facilities were very nice, had updated amenities and was spacious for 7 people. The views from the deck and top loft were pretty. I felt miles away from the city. We all made good use of the spa as well. The changing room with large showers is a nice bonus. Save time for that before and after your massage. The private hot an dcold tubs were very fun for our group to hang out together. The massages were top quality. The staff is very friendly.

1  Thank AOAuburnTiger