“Very comfortable place”

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Green Sage Café is committed to making healthy food using pure, organic, local, non-gmo and humanely-raised ingredients. We offer a wide assortment of organic farm-to-cup coffee and espresso drinks, whole-leaf teas, raw juices, whole-fruit smoothies and scratch-made pastries and meals with vegan and gluten-sensitive options. We are an environmentally responsible company gratefully serving an enlightened community that cares about our future. Breakfast and lunch served all day!
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have been here a few times when I have been in town for breakfast while staying at a nearby hotel. I generally do not enjoy eating out alone. However, I have always felt very comfortable there. The food is very good!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

As somebody with celiac disease, it is SO hard to find a place where I can grab some lunch food that is good and interesting -- and safe. Green Sage is that sort of place.

The prices are a bit steep (but then again, all prices in touristy Asheville are steep), but you get a nice cafe atmosphere in which you can sit and read while you sip your huge mug of tea. They have many gluten-free offerings; I enjoyed the curry rice bowl quite a bit.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Tucked into a strip-type mall, Green Sage Coffee House is an unassuming find! Good coffee selections,, fresh pastries, friendly staff. Easily a local haunt!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Ducked into the Green Sage on an unseasonably snow-blustered late-March day. I was just looking for a warm place. And, suddenly, I thought I had wandered into a Haight-Ashbury establishment. Summer of love come to snow-laden Asheville. The coffee was fabulous. I ordered the humus-and-veggie wrap with sweet-potato fries. Delicious. But lest you think they're hostile to red meat. They cook burgers here, too. I recommend it

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Really cool idea and concept. They do have a compost center in the middle of the restaurant. Neat idea would be to sale compost ?

As being a coffee shop: it seem average place to get out of the cold.