“90 minutes of fun!”

LaZoom
Ranked #1 of 32 Food & Drink in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The unforgettable LaZoom Tour experience, from start to finish, is uniquely fun and immersive. Our City Comedy Tours blend fast paced facts, original comedy and sharp improv. Each tour is an exciting and educational interaction between tour guides on and off the bus, the audience, and people on the street. LaZoom Comedy Tours are, by far, the best, most entertaining way to see and get to know Asheville, whether you’re a visitor or a local! Check out our Haunted Comedy Tour and Band and Beer Tour as well!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Etowah, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“90 minutes of fun!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I am speaking for 37 people when I say, this tour is one you won't want to miss. We were able to reserve an entire bus for our group. Our comedian kept us laughing every minute of the trip and we loved the extra surprises along the way. We were happy that we chose a Sunday afternoon because we not only enjoyed the entertainment, but we could enjoy seeing the city. The Monfort neighborhood was especially beautiful with it's spring blooms. We all agreed we would do it again.

Visited April 2014
lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Wow, 277Carol: you speak for multitudes! And, yes: you can have your own private LaZoom tour, too, maybe even with a little customization to take your, um, proclivities into consideration! Just contact the office for one wild ride...and then another!

Charlotte nc
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Do not MISS!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

If you have a sense of humor you will love it! This was our second time and we had a blast.

We took our own beer and restocked at the break. Actually learned some cool stuff too. It is a great thing to do with out of state visitors.

Visited April 2014
Thanks, Prizmsongs! And this seems to be an excellent public service advisory: if you have no sense of humor...please don't ride LaZoom!
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Best tour of the city! Crystal B”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great tour of Asheville on an open air bus. Augusta Wind is a fabulous comedian! You'll be blown away and laugh till your face hurts! A "must do" for anyone visiting Asheville and those who live there. And...a big plus...you can drink on the bus.

Visited April 2014
Thanks, Crystal B! We agree with everything you say, except that we'd amend that headline to "Best tour in the world!"
Eufaula, Alabama
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Super Fun!!!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was a great way to spend our first evening in Asheville!!! Augusta Wind is truly talented. My husband and I laughed so hard. We got ragged for drinking Miller Lite, but we expected that. Great experience...go on this tour!!!!

Visited April 2014
lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thanks, Eufaula! We agree: what better way to start an Asheville stay than on the road with LaZoom? And, yeah, it's true: here in the land of microbrews, be prepared for the guides to notice if your tastes run a different way!
Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoided for years, but... I made a mistake.”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'm a local, have seen the bus roll by for years, but never bothered to try it. Seemed too touristy. One of my friends rode their ghost night tour, and said it was one of the funniest things he'd ever seen. Apparently, you also get to bring beer on the bus and drink during the show. So, one thing led to another and one day I ended up on their day tour with some coworkers.

I have to admit it the whole thing was really damn hilarious. Nothing at all like I expected. Heard some lady say the night ghost tour is more R-rated than the day tour. She's done them both a couple times. All my coworkers liked it too.

This chubby, stubby guy was our tour guide. Really quick. Really funny. A tall skinny guy played a bunch of characters that got on the bus. The show is already really funny the whole time, but it went to a new level of awesome every time he showed up.

Basically, this thing is definitely worth doing. I'm taking my girlfriend on the ghost one as soon as my jerk friend Drew pays me the money he owes me.

1 Thank RiggsnMurtaugh
lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Well well, RiggsnMurtaugh, this is great news! We totally get it: LaZoom can, indeed, SEEM too touristy from the outside; but, as you say, it's anything but! It's just a wacky and wild, super good time for all: locals, visitors, locals showing visitors around town... And, yes, the entirely different Haunted Tour is adults-only, versus the City Tour, which is recommended for teens and up--though even the Haunted isn't THAT naughty... We don't at all mind finding there are those who hesitate to get onboard, because that just means there are still lots of new friends for us to make!