“Hilarious Good Time”

LaZoom
Ranked #1 of 31 Food & Drink in Asheville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The unforgettable LaZoom Tour experience, from start to finish, is uniquely fun and immersive. Our City Comedy Tours blend fast paced facts, original comedy and sharp improv. Each tour is an exciting and educational interaction between tour guides on and off the bus, the audience, and people on the street. LaZoom Comedy Tours are, by far, the best, most entertaining way to see and get to know Asheville, whether you’re a visitor or a local! Check out our Haunted Comedy Tour and Band and Beer Tour as well!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Savannah, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Hilarious Good Time”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I can be a bit cynical when it comes to cheesy tourist activities (and cringed when my Mom said she booked this when my husband and I visited over Thanksgiving weekend), but Goulish Gary and the big purple bus won me over! It was by far the best city tour we’ve been on, both here and abroad. I definitely recommend the Adults Haunted Tour (no whiny kids + dirty humor/alcohol = a splendid good time).

They had us laughing from the moment we got on the bus. The energy and humor of the guides while they act out their stories of history and B.S. makes it a memorable experience. So if you're having any hesitations on booking, I say just go for it!

On a side note: I think I’d pay to sit in on the interview and training process for new guides. I can just imagine how hilarious that must be!

Visited November 2013
lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Wonderful, Issy! So good to hear! And, boy, do we love it when we win over the skeptics! And it's true: our audition and rehearsal process is something else!

Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good Value”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Tour is cheap. The two performers gave 100% effort, but only funny parts came from their couple minutes of improve. Very little historical or educational value, but bus is a neat way to bring your own alcohol and ride around Ashville. It was hard to see out the plastic windows because it was winter...we hear it's better for sight seeing in the summer when they remove windows. It's cute that they do change their tour a bit based on the holidays or seasons. Our tour was Christmas based. Great for older people, may be inappropriate for children.

lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
We hear ya, krewtravels. The content of the tour changes not only based on the season but on the guides' interaction with the audience; we always seek a balance between information and fun, and it can tip either way, depending. We've also had good luck with the young'uns on these Holiday Tours; the usual City Tour is 14+, and the Haunted Tour is definitely adults-only.
Atlanta, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun tour!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Fun way to tour the city and actually learned a few things about Asheville's history. Bring a cooler and be quick when going on your drink/potty break as you only get 10 minutes. Thought it would be a little funnier but it was still entertaining.

Visited November 2013
Thanks, direy. Glad you enjoyed yourself, and please know we work hard to make the show funnier every day!
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great fun intertainment”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

You get to see downtown Asheville and have a great laugh at the same time. Bring your friends and a cooler. Can't wait to go again.

Visited October 2013
lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Hey, Lance, did you say "great"? Great! So happy to hear it! Thanks for the kind words and we'll look forward to seeing you again!
Atlanta, Georgia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Not funny! Don't go! ”
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

So I was really excited to go on this tour but what a disappointment. It had received so many good reviews so I actually feel bad writing this. The comedy is very corny. The highlight of the tour is a guy running around from stop to stop in different costumes and that was really dumb - not funny. They say 18 and older but this would be better suited for grammar school kids. I think that maybe if we had about 10 people in our party and we were all drinking we would have enjoyed it more, but I think with 10 of my friends drinking we would enjoy anything. Honestly, I would not go, I would not recommend to anyone. Sorry.

1 Thank Lovemybirds
lazoom, Guest Relations Manager at LaZoom, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Sorry this wasn't for you, lovemybirds. Comedy is such a tricky business: one person's genius is another person's dumb. But as you have seen from the vast majority of our reviews, we're exactly what almost everyone is looking for. Again, apologies we didn't win you over. There's just no accounting for taste.