“Average Hotel Food”

Cross street: Biltmore Ave
Florida
“Average Hotel Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After a long morning at the " House" we had a late lunch at the bistro. The menu was decent and the food came as described. Service was exceptional. I would never eat here again unless I was on property , just not a memorable meal.

Stockbridge, Georgia
“Light and refreshing lunch”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After a long morning meeting, I found myself wondering whether or not it was worth a late (2:00 p.m.) lunch. Hoping not to ruin my appetite for dinner, I selected the freshly prepared (chunky) chicken salad on a bed or romaine lettuce. The light, mayonnaisey dressing with slivers of almond was the perfect complement to the salad. It was a great choice, as it tided me over nicely, but did not ruin my dinner plans.

Alexandria
“So-so meal, at the lovely winery”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We made reservations at the bistro several weeks prior. We wanted to have them made for about 1 or 2 but were told that they were booked and they only had 12:30. We chose to go at this time, and were amazed when we arrived that there were plenty of empty tables and we did not need to reservation. The service was good and the atmosphere was nice. I really enjoyed their homemade bread. The rest of the food was okay, but great and not bad. I would recommend this place, if you want to get away from the main estate. The majority of those eateries are in a food court setting, but a nice setting. IT was nice to sit, with air conditioning and just breathe and relax.

2 Thank Anne J
Salt Lake City
“upscale and delicious”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A nice selection of standards with an upscale twist, and less expected offerings - we shared four appetizers and salads and both loved the sweetbreads in a lovely sauce. Local-made draft beer and Biltmore wines available.

Visited June 2013
Lake Norman, NC
“Good food, not worth it to have to pay to get in!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food and service were good. However, I think it is crazy that we had to pay $15 per person just to enter the property for dinner. We visited the winery and the Bistro and spent over $500 and had to spend $75 just to get in. This does not make sense to me and I would not do it again and I would caution folks who might want to come here to eat that you have to pay this added expense just to get in. Then when our cab was coming back to pick us up, they were hassled about getting back in, had to take some back way in and then we had to take a back way out. All of this sure does not make it seem like they want you to come here to eat and with Asheville having SO many great restaurants, I would never deal with this hassle again just to eat here.

• Visited July 2013