“Always So Good”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Biltmore Ave
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Living in nearby Charlotte and getting to visit the Biltmore regularly, we do not miss an opportunity to have lunch (or dinner) at the Bistro. It is always great in every way; food service, atmosphere. The menu changes from time to time, and always has very creative and interesting dishes.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The wine tasting was a highlight of our trip and we learned a little more about different wines along the way. The staff were very informative and gave many oyster crackers to our children and were very tolerant of their presence. We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and it is included in the price of the Biltmore Estate visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

For years I have been sending clients to eat at the "Bistro." However, I will no longer do so, as my favorite dish has been eliminated, and some dishes are over salted and/or overcooked. Further, the mussels are not "Prince Edward Island" mussels. Whatever they were, they were quite small, overcooked and a brown/black color, not beige/pink. I had never had mussels the like! The broth was not piping hot--just warm. Another appetizer was deep-fried too long, just this side of burnt. Still tasty, but not great to look at.(The Brie.)
I've just read a review by someone who twas there the same week. We had also ordered calamari and had to send it back--over salted. I sent back my entree twice--the first trout was over-salted, the second time it was cooked too long and was dry.
Our waitress was wonderful throughout this whole experience, and the atmosphere is still nice. But, in my opinion, they are obviously cutting corners

Reviewed September 16, 2012

My 88 yr. old mother and I ate here this week; she had the roasted carrot soup (delicious) and the calamari appetizer with jalapeno or chipotle seasoning, which was too spicy for her, so she was just going to quietly not eat it. The waitress noticed this and immediately offered to replace it with a plain fried calamari with fresh tomato sauce. While we were waiting for that, the manager came over to apologize and assure her it was no problem to bring the revised appetizer (she was embarrassed). I was very impressed with their attitude. THe duck breast dinner was outstanding and the crab cake appetizer was one of the best I have had anywhere as I order this often when dining out. Overall, this is a top notch dining establishment.

1  Thank Bermuda4evr
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We chose this place over Cedrics after touring Biltmore Estate Antler Village. It was a very nice venue but more important was that the food and service were wonderful. They also had a gluten free menu and delicious food. It's a bit on the pricey side but not overly expensive. I had a delicious chicken dish with fresh, crisp veggies & mashed potatoes - delicious not like most pedestrian chicken dishes.

1  Thank katgriffey