“Peaceful”
Review of Campfire Lodgings

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Campfire Lodgings
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at an RV site. Very nice, fairly small campground which was perfect. Extremely quiet and relaxing. The sites could use a bit more trees, but we stay mostly in state parks, so we used to a bit more vegetation. Beautiful views and nice trails. Wild turkeys wandering around every morning which was great to see. Very clean. Nice individual bathrooms/showers in the bath house. Tent sites were in the woods, and were private. I would highly recommend. Also. for a great dinner check out the Stoney Knob Cafe - excellent food and ambiance (I wouldn't call it a cafe - it's a nice restaurant).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marjie23

Reviewed February 27, 2011

This campground is immaculate. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. If you know how to drive your rig, the road to the campground is no problem. The sites have beautiful views and are spacious. Everything is clean. The hiking trails are great. The location is convenient to Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had no issues at all. We brought our dog and they let him play off leash since we were the only campers there for the weekend. Although it was January, the temperature there actually got into the mid-60's and we had a lovely stay. Matt got us checked in and was there on site 24 hrs in case we needed anything. He even lent us his bottle of ketchup when we needed some! We stayed here on a "business trip", and if we have to be in Asheville again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tambarnc
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I can only start with the rude way we were greeted by a not so friendly pissed off "what do you want". i would think the obvious answer would be that we were interested in staying here. But i guess that's not obvious. When signing in the man was pushy, rude, wouldn't look me in the eye and just plain mean. i asked if there was acess to the river and he replied " GO STAY AT THE RIVER IF YOU WANT A RIVER" . it was merely a question. so we did look at our "tent" area it was a sad little hole in the dark corner of a dirt road. no view no openings at all hardly enough room to walk around in after you park your car and set up. Only until i told him that we were unhappy about the view and general campsite did he start to act nice. "ohhh i wouldn't want you not to stay here" in a very condescending way. He just didn't want me to hassle him and try to get a refund. Even though we walked to our site saw it and came back wanted a refund he wouldn't. only gave us partial. Needless to say we didn't stay there. Right down the road is French Broad river camp go there they are nice and super friendly. Campfire Lodgings will ruin your trip unless you are in a RV and have the view they do. be warned.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
15  Thank startxtoday
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed in a 'premium' site which gave stupendous views across the valley to the Smokey Mountains. The setting was amazing. Camp facilities were good and Ande and Matt were very welcoming. Rental cars were no problem with Ande sorting out the details and we have four very good nights here. The longest we have stayed in any campsite. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RVbarry
Reviewed May 18, 2010

My wife and I and two dogs tent camped (site T3). The tent camp sites are in the woods, but there is electric and water available. There was adequate privacy between the various sites, unlike many other campsites. We liked it. Staff - I liked the staff. We hadn't tent camped in a long time, so we made beginner's mistakes - no string/rope, stakes and thankfully the camp store had stakes available. No hammer either but Ande was very helpful - she let us borrow one . I couldn't get the electrical box open, and Matt, one of the nicest people I've met, helped my wife and I get it opened. What we disliked - the WEATHER - it rained too much. The drive to the site is very interesting, I can't believe people can get their big rigs up there. There is a beautiful view for RV campers, tenters only get to experience "real" camping. The bath houses are great - shower, toilet and sink all in one room and 4 rooms are plenty. I will return there, but I think I'd prefer to take a cabin, yurt, or RV (if I ever get one), but I think tent camping is out for us.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingfamily32904
Reviewed April 22, 2010

This was our first trip to Asheville NC, and our first trip away from Ohio in our new RV . I can't say enough about Ande and Mat who work there. They were both welcoming, helpful and wonderful hosts. Mat gave my husband lots of fishing tips that were great as well as good tips for Rving since we were newbies. Ande is so gracious and bent over backwards to accommodate us. The RV sites were roomy, clean, attractive, earth friendly. We had wifi, cable, sewer, everything you could want. The campgrounds are lovely....landscaped beautifully and views are breath taking. There is not a bad site there. The showers are great...all private ...you have a commode, vanity/sink and shower all to yourself, behind locked door. Buy your Biltmore tickets at the campground...we saved $20 off each, and they are good for 2 days!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2009

We stayed in one of the yurts. Comfortable bed, table and chairs provided. Also stocked with coffee, paper towels, utensils, paper plates. More that I expected. The bathroom is only a short walk although steep from the yurt without one. Beautiful scenery. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple