“More great food than you can eat in one sitting”
Review of Luella's Bar-B-Que

Luella's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #46 of 786 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Asheville
“More great food than you can eat in one sitting”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is not my first visit and I am never disappointed. Food and service are great. I feel comfortable bringing my young granddaughters there too.

Dadeville, Alabama
“Take Out Heaven”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were tired from being tourists in Asheville, so bought some take out at Louellas - man was it totally worth the drive! Got a rack of ribs and some brisket with sides of greens, okra, fries and slaw. It was as good as it gets! We can't talk to the service, except for the fact that the meals were packaged right away and served to us with a big Thank you and Come Back! Definitely would go again!

• Visited January 2013
Columbus
“Makes me hungry to think about”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I travel with two small kids, 7 & 9, I need ketchup on the table, crayons, and speedy service. Sure, I bet 12 bones would be good, but I need my 9 year old to eat NOW. This is our 3d trip to Luella's and golly, she's never let us down! Am still thinking about the grits with jalepenos. And my pulled pork? I'm swooning. Went Sunday afternoon and sat next to the live musical act and though, golly, if we lived in Asheville I'd weight 500 pounds because I'd eat hushpuppies here everyday. Great place for kids, and solid choice for barbecue.

Charleston, South Carolina
“Comfort food!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

A half pound if bbq with three hush puppies and two sides plus iced tea. $12. Bit pricey but very good. Smokey flavor, crispy hot fried okra, mixture of beans, nice folks. A great place.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Awesome BBQ and Sides”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I work close to here and I love splurging and getting myself some BBQ and there awesome sides. Try the Mac & Cheese. The waitstaff is super friendly and helpful.