“Great place”

CinToms
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Reviewed August 25, 2010

We came in about 30 minutes prior to closing and Tom (owner) himself was working. He offered samples of his custards even after we had ordered, just to give us a taste of some of the favorite flavors. I must say that this little custard shop is super friendly and has outstanding frozen custards. If your in Asheville, go here for a relaxing cup or cone (or some other little treat)! Great for kids of all ages.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Whether you live near or far, do whatever you can to get to CinTom's immediately to begin savoring their wonderful frozen custard goodness! We were recently on vacation at stopped at a different ice cream place each day to sample, and CinTom's wins as our definite favorite, beating out better known places like Graeter's in Louisville and Ted Drewes in St. Louis in our books.
Not only was the welcoming gal behind the counter (I'm so sorry - I'm bad with names!) a dream, but so was the frozen custard. I had pumpkin sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs in one of their homemade waffle bowls, my husband enjoyed his scoops of Mandarin orange/chocolate ribbon and Cookies 'n' Cream, my daughter is still talking about her caramel fudge topped chocolate, and my son, who will only eat vanilla, proclaimed it was tops. Our friends were equally enchanted with their selections, so you can't go wrong!
The service was absolutely the best, not only helpful with samples when we struggled to choose, but also chatted with us pleasantly while the kids challenged each other at oversized checkers and tried out the Foozball table. It was a nice, relaxing end to our day and a most memorable evening in a trip full of sweet treats!

Reviewed January 12, 2010

CinToms has quality custard with lots of choices! Most importantly, the price...I don't know how they do it! 4 of us went and had custard with toppings, in cones, etc. and the grand total...$13! The same at Marble Slab or Cold Stone would have been double that!

Reviewed October 16, 2009

great ice cream. home made, fresh. Stick with basic ice cream, maybe a topping - they do NOT know how to make a chocolate soda, but that is a thing of the past.

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Tucked behind Gerber Villiage, this urban oasis along a busy highway was sure to please my pallate as it's been years since I've had a frozen custard to match that of childhood memory. From it's interior castle decor to the outdoor seating on a deck amongst shady trees full of wonderful ivy vines along side a waterfall feature, this place really gets your senses peaked (well, sight, sound and taste at least). Yeah, so you say you've been to the big name ice cream places in the past, right? Well, this ain't ice cream folks, it's frozen custard! This is the stuff the big corporations tried to do with the basic ice cream recipies and failed to match the quality of when they produced "soft serve". Think of it like "soft server" with flavor! There's a big (authentic) difference here and it's just 2 short turns off of US Highway 25.